Saturday 12/17/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it sounds like that's what it is. Hurts like heck. I see there are braces/splints. I'll look great with a finger splint and 2 carpal tunnel braces.

Big mess o' lasagna with homegrown salad and homemade bread :yum:

Since it was DH's birthday celebration redux, I made Rachael Ray's Quick Tiramisu for dessert, which we enjoyed with Kahlua-Prosecco cocktails.

Attachments

• 1482039664968.jpg
    1482039664968.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 1482039686352.jpg
    1482039686352.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 136
That lasagna looks so good!

Chef John does a version of pork in milk as well, and it's actually not that bad. He makes it with chicken broth and creme fraiche, so there's no milk to curdle.

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Pork “Al Latte” – Now 100% Milk Free!

My dinner tonight was the beef stew made with Guinness and I threw cubed potato chunks in with the beef to simmer. Big mistake. The beef was supposed to simmer for 2 hours and it never crossed my mind that that was too long for the potatoes. So I basically had mashed potatoes. Won't make that mistake again. But it was delicious!

Yeah it sounds like that's what it is. Hurts like heck. I see there are braces/splints. I'll look great with a finger splint and 2 carpal tunnel braces.
Mine's on my non-dominant hand. I could understand it if it were on the dominant hand, but the non-dominant hand?
I don't get that at all.

GG, I want lasagna! :yum: It wasn't in my plan for when we're back home, but I can see me making it now. Yours look very tasty.

My best friend back home used to get trigger finger in her middle finger. I told her it was because she used it too much flipping people off. :whistling:

Crappy day in N GA, no golf. Wifey and I went to the indoor firing range to give my new pistol a work out. After some shopping did a couple of reverse sear steaks on the charcoal chimney. Worked good, just need to make a grill plate to go over it. thanks for the suggestion Joey.

Mine's on my non-dominant hand. I could understand it if it were on the dominant hand, but the non-dominant hand?
I don't get that at all.
Mine have been also on my non-dominant hand so far.

Ow ow ow, msmofet! So far, I only have it in my knee. I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you :(

So sorry about your knee.

I have it also in right hip, both knees and my jaw. Dentist told me about the jaw when I went thinking the was a tooth that went bad. I said you gotta be (bleeping) me! I never knew you could get it in the jaw. And doc thinks I may have in toes.

I have it also in right hip, both knees and my jaw. Dentist told me about the jaw when I went thinking the was a tooth that went bad. I said you gotta be (bleeping) me! I never knew you could get it in the jaw. And doc thinks I may have in toes.

Gol-lee. Have you seen a rheumatologist?

My best friend back home used to get trigger finger in her middle finger. I told her it was because she used it too much flipping people off. :whistling:

That's when you go to using the little finger and if anyone questions that, you just tell them it's because you don't want to send the very best.

I got you beat. I have arthritis from the ends of toes to the tips of my fingers. I hate it.

But not in your jaw?
I have TMJ, but I think my head wasn't part of it--my neck, definitely. The rheumatologist predicted I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I was 50 (I was 21 at the time). He was wrong, but some days, it really, really hurts to move and staying warm and in bed is all I can manage.

You guys into competitive Hokey Pokey in your younger days, weren't you? All of that putting in, and putting out, turning and shaking all abput.

Last edited:
After eating our dinner of milk braised pork, I have some observations:

1. Because the pork is cooked in milk, you end up with curdled milk solids in the pot. Not visually appealing.

2. The resulting "sauce" is outrageously rich and tasty. If the texture was the only issue, I'd be happy.

3. The recipe calls for a pork loin. This lean cut of meat ends up being a bit dry after slow simmering for hours. The sauce helps a bit.

I'm going to take a look at the Cook's Country version of this recipe for comparison.

Beating an old horse here but I just found this out and thought I would share - this is from Chef John:

"Cream doesn't curdle because its 34% fat. Milk does because it's only 2-5%."

So I imagine you could sub cream for milk in the recipe and get a result that doesn't curdle. Of course, if you thought your sauce was rich before....

Back
Top Bottom