Saturday, 2/5/2011, What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken soup - I have 2 chicken breasts and the skin and bones from the chicken I used for the sweet and sour yesterday so soup is in order for today.

That was my dinner last night, Rock.
Tonight will be grilled chicken wings. I'll make extra so I have a few cold ones to munch on tomorrow.

That was my dinner last night, Rock.
Tonight will be grilled chicken wings. I'll make extra so I have a few cold ones to munch on tomorrow.

Looking forward to this one. I haven't had a good feed in a while. I can't get them around here and can only get them in Ottawa which is about 1 1/2 hour drive. But first I have to endure a shopping mall with my wife and daughter:wacko:......the things we do for food.:LOL:

Last edited:
That's a long way to go, but I agree. When you want something, you just have to go get it.

We'll have something Mexican. I have taco meat left from the other night so will refashion it into something.

We'll have something Mexican. I have taco meat left from the other night so will refashion it into something.

Try these Chilaquiles (wiki it) good way to use up mexican leftovers. I'm making them for later. It's traditionally a breakfast...but I love breakfast for dinner.

Even though I am alone today I am going to make myself a special dinner tonight. I found some pre-skewered shrimps at the store yesterday. Have to go back and get some Old Bay and some cocktail sauce, but I am going to grill them and have them with some cilantro lime jasmine or brown rice. Maybe a veg. THEN, I am going to attempt to do a reduced calorie/fat recipe I found on here for a cake. If it turns out I will post the recipe (with the permission of the original author, of course:chef:)!!

Have a great Saturday everyone! The sun is shining and melting the snow here!!:punk:

I'm having to rethink my cooking plans to make easy chewing meals.

I've got a pretty good mac & cheese made up, plus
I just made the easiest tomato soup ever:

1 can cream of tomato soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can Italian seasoned stewed tomatoes
1/2 can water
Blend, heat and add a dollop (or wallop, *teehee*) of margarine or butter. Maybe a slice of 12 grain bread for dunking. Mmm.:chef:

Last edited:
I'm having to rethink my cooking plans to make easy chewing meals.

I've got a pretty good mac & cheese made up, plus
I just made the easiest tomato soup ever:

1 can cream of tomato soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can Italian seasoned stewed tomatoes
1/2 can water
Blend, heat and add a dollop (or wallop, *teehee*) of margarine or butter. Maybe a slice of 12 grain bread for dunking. Mmm.:chef:

I know all about easy chewing...my best friend is the food processor!:)

I know all about easy chewing...my best friend is the food processor!:)

I couldn't help but think of your recent change.

I found a combination of OTC medicines that work for a few hours at a time, so I can eat without pain as long as I'm careful and eat softer stuff.

Any meals that worked especially well?:LOL:

I couldn't help but think of your recent change.

I found a combination of OTC medicines that work for a few hours at a time, so I can eat without pain as long as I'm careful and eat softer stuff.

Any meals that worked especially well?:LOL:

Actually, I've been eating anything I want, except rare steaks and shrimp is hard to chew. Everything else I just braise till tender or grind before cooking, depending on what I am cooking. So far, chili seems to be my favorite go to.

Homemade chicken vegetable soup topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

img_966511_0_86919bdd9886be69e1de8fa2d54720fb.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom