Saturday 3/11/17 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I made yogurt in my Instant Pot and it is now in fridge straining out the whey.

Hub brought home 2 corned beefs and 2 heads of cabbage ... Sooooo
Corned beef is now cooking in the Instant Pot and will be dinner.

I'm defrosting a pork tenderloin. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. I may slice it into medallions, season and pan sear them.

Simple freeze-dried camp food for me tonight. I'll be sleeping in the woods tonight.

I envy your sleeping arrangements. I never got into the freeze dried camp food, even when I was backpack camping. But, everything tastes better in the woods.

CD

I am cooking some COSTCO lamb chops sous vide, and then seared in a cast iron pan with some butter. I haven't decided what to have on the side. I don't think it is going to matter. COSTCO has some really outstanding lamb.

CD

TS, how spicy is the TJ's spicy peach salsa?

Kay, that asparagus dish looks yummy. With bacon, even Himself might take a liking to asparagus. Meanwhile, I can eat a pound of it myself - plain, a dot of butter, a dusting of Parma Reg, or a squirt of lemon. Love it no matter what. :yum:

We'll clean up the leftovers: sausage and peppers, chicken with mushrooms, yesterday's cod must go. I'll make a small pot of easy-cheesy cauliflower soup, extra cayenne since it's as cold as a witch's kiss day. Brrr.... I'll saute some fresh pineapple later in a bit of butter and brown sugar for "dessert", topped with a small bit of ice cream.

Stove top grilled cheese burgers, mac salad and 1/2 doz potato chips...

sigh...I no longer open a bag of Lay's and have a munch out...

I strained my yogurt for 7 hours in the fridge. I got 1 quart plus 1 cup whey. And about 4 1/2 cups very thick yogurt. I warmed the 1 cup of whey and dissolved a small amount of sugar in it. To be added with flavoring at time of serving. I had a small serving slightly sweet with vanilla for a snack. The plain yogurt will be a good sour cream substitute.

I'm thinking whey waffles tomorrow.

Oh and the corned beef dinner was good also.

Kay, that asparagus dish looks yummy. With bacon, even Himself might take a liking to asparagus. Meanwhile, I can eat a pound of it myself - plain, a dot of butter, a dusting of Parma Reg, or a squirt of lemon. Love it no matter what. :yum:

I agree CG!

In addition to those salad ingredients, I'll be adding some sliced cremini shrooms and halved grape tomatoes over a bed of baby spinach.
One of the best things about spring is asparagus. :yum:

I had brined 7 lbs of corned beef for about 10 days, cooked them today. Turned out overly salty. I put them in some clear cold water, boiled them for 1/2 hour, took them out, they are perfect. Some of that goes to dinners frozen for the guys.

I cooked up 3 lbs of hamburger and 4 quarts of potatoes into hamburger top hats, topped with ketchup. 7 dinners frozen for the guys. 2 + dinners for tonight.

Lots of dishes, I'm sick of dishes today, but it's done, yeah. Cheese making tomorrow.

This recipe looked so good it's on the menu tonight since asparagus is a buck per lb. here, and everything goes better with bacon! :pig:I'll grill up some smoked sausage as a side. :pig:

Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad Recipe | Taste of Home

img_1502411_0_dc6476f44b95343e121473c6fd5e6372.jpg

We actually ended up having the Cuban sandwiches we were supposed to have Friday night before the Cuban bread went totally stale and hard as a rock. Nothing like a good crispy pressed Cuban sammie. We had maduros as a side. Plantains were nice and ripe and totally black so they were reall sweet.

Craig did start the osso bucco so we'll be able to pull off any fat and finish it up either Sunday or Monday. We've also got pork belly for buns we need to finish up. So it will be a toss up for Sunday's dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom