Saturday, 4-25-2015 ~ Did No One eat???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Plain and simple, we had Fancy Salads. Everything but the kitchen sink.

Anyone else eat? Or did I miss the memo about this being a national day of fasting? :huh:

Attachments

• 2015-04-25 21.34.17.jpg
    2015-04-25 21.34.17.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 235
That looks good, CG. I love salads.
I rummaged through the fridge and freezer today looking for things to use up, and ended up with a different assortment for this afternoon's dinner. :)

Fried chicken drums, roasted sweet potato wedges sprinkled with cinnamon, and braised cabbage. I would have rather have mashed and gravy, but I didn't have those fixin's and this worked. :yum:

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
We had salad, too. I'm working on proportions for a spicy Thai peanut dressing so DH can make it (he's a cabinetmaker and needs exact measurements). Salad was chopped romaine,cabbage, julienned carrots, celery, cilantro. Topped w/ shrimp, avocado, cashews and snap pea crisps and dressed with the peanut dressing.

I made lamb chops with dill sauce, hasselback potato, and a spring greens salad with roasted radishes and an EVOO dressing. The recipe is one I developed and was featured this past week. Here's the food photographer's pic of the finished dish:

Attachments

• lamb_chops.jpg
    lamb_chops.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 187
I made lamb chops with dill sauce, hasselback potato, and a spring greens salad with roasted radishes and an EVOO dressing. The recipe is one I developed and was featured this past week. Here's the food photographer's pic of the finished dish:

It looks delicious!

It looks delicious!
Thanks! It was. The recipe was inspired by a stew my grandma used to make with lamb shanks with dill sauce but I had to find a way to bring the same flavor to a recipe that didn't take 2-1/2 hours to make. I was also trying to create a menu that spoke SPRING so used the radishes (roasted) and the greens in the salad and the potato was to round out the meal with a starch. We'll see how popular it is! I can't share the recipe, but I can share the inspiration!

Salad with grilled chicken with Cajun spices, homemade Cajun buttermilk ranch, with pecans, rehydrated cherries and green onions.

We had my sister and BIL over for a traditional Armenian dinner.

For an appetizer we had cracker bread, string cheese and busterma (a spiced cured meat) with olives and marinated mushrooms.

The main course was herseh, a simple dish made by cooking chicken and hulled wheat in stock until it's a soft porridge consistency. It's topped with brown butter.

Dessert was a combination of some Armenian cookies and pastries, cookies, chocolate cake with a chocolate glaze and ice cream.

Our power went out yesterday morning so I couldn't do my planned cleaning. It was so cloudy and overcast it was rather dark in the house. Instead we went shopping. Got DH a new cell phone, stopped at the pharmacy, a thrift store and then Walmart. It was close to dinner time when we got home so we just broiled up some burgers, opened a can of Bush's baked beans and opened a bag of chips.

If you have never had roasted radishes, all you have to do is toss them with EVOO, a bit of honey or maple syrup, S&P, put them on a tray (lined with parchment paper) at 400 F for about 15-20 minutes in the oven. You can add garlic/herbs. When they are done, you can slice them and top a spring greens salad with them, dressed with your favorite combination of EVOO and vinegar/lemon juice dressing. If you are lucky enough to have young radishes with greens, you can take the smallest leaves, chop those, and add those to the salad. A different way to use radishes and how to use the greens.

It looks delicious!

These are some of the comments I've gotten back on the lamb chops. I'm tickled pink that clients liked it.

Super delicious. It was our favourite for sure. Interesting mix of ingredients and a recipe I would not have found on my own.

The lamb was excellent - 10/10 even if it took a bit too long to prepare.

The lamb and salad were AWESOME!!!!

The lamb and salad were absolutely DELISH!

The lamb chops were amazing and the dill sauce/gravy was SOOOO delicious! The recipe took a bit of extra time to prepare but it was well worth it. Who would have ever thought of roasting radishes for the spring mixed greens salad, but it was perfect. A recipe very worthy of the Chefx name. A great meal.

I don't know why it took long to prepare--it took me 35 minutes and that included jotting down quantities, times, etc., as I was testing the recipe...but I tend to multi-task in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Thanks, CG, it was delish. I still don't understand why it took people so long to prepare....oh, well. Wish I could share the recipes for the lamb and salad dressing with DC!

Thanks, CG, it was delish. I still don't understand why it took people so long to prepare....oh, well. Wish I could share the recipes for the lamb and salad dressing with DC!
Because they don't have as much practice cooking as you do.

Because they don't have as much practice cooking as you do.
It took my brother 2.5 hours to do it...but then, he only has one cutting board. He loved it, but thought it took too long. It took 50 minutes for those testing the recipe to do it. Actually, my time was 33 minutes, not 35.

Back
Top Bottom