Saturday 5/21 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
The freezer... I’ve really gotten ahead of myself. It is JAM packed with entrees, stocks, raw meats. I’ve really got to get control of it.

I’ll start by making chicken soup using the veggies, all the stock/broth. I’ll make it cream of chicken soup to use up the half & half I bought for the oyster stew. (The last bowl for breakfast this morning; that was a real treat!)

I’ll have to update my freezer list too. Hopefully, I can get at least the freezer door cleared out (somewhat) so I can stand up the frozen baggies of stuff, like ½ can of salmon and juices, pimentos…

I’m sure there are a few containers where I can pop out the frozen whatever, and put in a zip bag so I can put these in the freezer door too.

I may as well get totally obsessive/compulsive and write down names and dates on the bags, as well.

I still have pimento cheese, and salmon salad (that came out real well) for sandwiches.

What's going on in your kitchen?:chef:

No food plans here yet.
I have some running around to do this afternoon, so maybe I'll get some inspiration somewhere and stop at a grocery store before I head home.

Not sure, the little one wants crabby patties on a burger like sponge bob cooks (burger made from crab cakes). I may do those tomorrow for lunch.

Going to hit up the farmers market this morning to see what they have. I am ready for okra.

Fresh swordfish on sale today so I'll get a slice to slap on the grill. A tossed salad along side will do the trick.

We brought home some olive salad from Central Grocery in New Orleans and I have some muffuletta bread dough proofing so....we're having muffulettas tonight. Probably some nice cold beer and more of the black forest cake for dessert.

Fresh swordfish on sale today so I'll get a slice to slap on the grill. A tossed salad along side will do the trick.

Change in plans. No swordfish today. It'll be pork tenderloin on the grill and a salad instead.

My kitchen is a complete disaster at the moment. I've had a slow draining sink for almost a week now and the plumber cancelled on me because of an emergency so HOPEFULLY they will be here today. In an effort to move the standing water a bit, Ken and I plunged the sink...I suspect we may have blown a seal somewhere. :doh: Shortly after plunging I was cleaning up water that had poured out from under my sink. ARRRRGH!

That was the long version of dinner tonight is either "waitandsee" or take out. I'll post back when I have a better clue of when my kitchen will be functional.

My kitchen is a complete disaster at the moment. I've had a slow draining sink for almost a week now and the plumber cancelled on me because of an emergency so HOPEFULLY they will be here today. In an effort to move the standing water a bit, Ken and I plunged the sink...I suspect we may have blown a seal somewhere. :doh: Shortly after plunging I was cleaning up water that had poured out from under my sink. ARRRRGH!

That was the long version of dinner tonight is either "waitandsee" or take out. I'll post back when I have a better clue of when my kitchen will be functional.

Eek!

At least there was no caustic drain cleaner involved.

I've already made most of our dinner: a pork tenderloin, new potatoes and a green salad. We ate the last of the peach cobbler with our lunch so I'll make something with strawberries.

Eek!

At least there was no caustic drain cleaner involved.

Nope. Learned that lesson the hard way LAST time. My Grrrr of the moment is that the plumber who was supposed to come (and I've waited for 3 days now) just had a family emergency and is not coming. AAAAAAAAA! We've called another guy and he is supposed to come asap. Please let that happen! I also had a work call and I need to go in as soon as I get this done.

That means dinner is going to be leftovers I think. Hot chicken sandwiches maybe.

Nope. Learned that lesson the hard way LAST time. My Grrrr of the moment is that the plumber who was supposed to come (and I've waited for 3 days now) just had a family emergency and is not coming. AAAAAAAAA! We've called another guy and he is supposed to come asap. Please let that happen! I also had a work call and I need to go in as soon as I get this done.

That means dinner is going to be leftovers I think. Hot chicken sandwiches maybe.

Sorry about your rotten day, Alix. I hope it gets lots better real soon.

It will all be fine. The weather is beautiful and its a long weekend so I'm determined to be cheery. This is only going to be a minor hiccup. 45 minutes! I might yet be able to have a decent dinner on the table!

Change in plans. No swordfish today. It'll be pork tenderloin on the grill and a salad instead.

I really cherish stability in my life these days. Alas, it is not to be.

SO came home from her yard sale to announce she is using her "profits" to treat us to take-out Chinese.

If this changes again, I'm not posting here.

Back
Top Bottom