Saturday, 8.27.16, what ya eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Lebanese garlic grilled chicken with Lebanese garlic sauce plus baba ghanouj, but made with almond butter instead of tahini. Maybe french silk pie with a meringue crust for dessert if I get it done in time for it to set up properly.

I'll be baking a couple of pounds of bacon. Tonight we'll have BLTs for dinner and the rest of the bacon will be available for future use.

Thinking Walleye Pizza........
img_1477772_0_0dbbf5ab0e985fc0a71bb1465fdfe746.jpg

I grabbed a Swedish cook book from 1965 and made Chicken Amerikana. It sort of chicken in fake BBQ sauce , with mash and sauce and should have pickles to it but I made a salad. I have a sliced the breast thinner because 2 breast are perfect for the 3 of us.
img_1477783_0_099804b1f90ebba512a90261f84fbf8a.jpg

Nice haul there, S&P! CakePoet, that looks good!

It was kind of cool and overcast here in Minnesota today. It felt like fall. I'm making a batch of chili...

img_1477792_0_7053c759cbd65ac26abff6c3f56d47f6.jpg

img_1477792_1_22c16a1a75c0e7dac87d5ea56b839252.jpg

DH and a friend are going to our local triple-A baseball game tonight, so he's eating there. They're the farm team for the Baltimore Orioles. Go Tides! :clap:

We went out to Smithfield, VA, this morning to scout a farm store for beekeeping supplies, check out their farmers market, and eat lunch. I got a pulled pork sandwich that was too much for me, so I'll finish that and the baked beans served with it for dinner. I bought some beautiful tomatoes at the market, and have a couple chunks of fresh mozzarella left, so I'll make a caprese salad, too.

DH and a friend are going to our local triple-A baseball game tonight, so he's eating there. They're the farm team for the Baltimore Orioles, playing Charlotte. Go Tides! :clap:

We went out to Smithfield, VA, (THE PORK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!) this morning to scout a farm store for beekeeping supplies, check out their farmers market, and eat lunch. I got a pulled pork sandwich that was too much for me, so I'll finish that and the baked beans served with it for dinner. I bought some beautiful tomatoes at the market, and have a couple chunks of fresh mozzarella left, so I'll make a caprese salad, too.

For your drooling pleasure, here was my lunch :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-08-27 11.28.58.jpg
    2016-08-27 11.28.58.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Good looking meals CakePoet, Steve, and GG! :yum:
Joey...wow, nice catch!

I'll be having pan seared scallops drizzled with lemon butter, and a salad.

Bavarian dinner my way tonight.

We picked up some wonderful hand crafted Bockwurst at the farmers market recently and I did an onion/cabbage saute' with butter/wine/caraway seeds/dill weed/celery salt. A nice side was onion/pickled beets.

img_1477819_0_472a98c2bda968ff5c69792f54788c64.jpg

Dang, we all ate good on this Saturday night!
Joey, do we get to see a Walleye pizza? :LOL:
CakePoet, that's an interesting recipe from a long time ago.
I can feel the heat through the monitor again, Steve.
Sounds like you're enjoying your night off, GG.
Kayelle, I never think to have fresh cabbage when we have German sausages. I always use sauerkraut. Then again, we really like sauerkraut a lot! :yum:

Himself was off stargazing this evening, so we had dinner even later than usual. We had salads and stuffed peppers. I decided to do something different with the peppers and gave them a Mexican twist. To the ground meat and rice I added sauteed onion, black beans, fresh tomato, corn, and chopped pieces from the pepper tops. A little chili powder and a few shakes of Chipotle and Aleppo peppers mixed into the meat and tomato puree, and we had a yummy meal. Good thing we liked it too - I have three peppers left from the five I made. Into the freezer they go! The picture looks like mush, but the one I took of the uncut pepper didn't show any stuffing. That, and the image was sideways...

Attachments

• 2016-08-27 22.41.53.jpg
    2016-08-27 22.41.53.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 102
Mmmm....looks good Kay and CG. I'd love a link or two of those sausages Kay, and CG, the Mexican twist on the stuffed peppers sounds delicious. :yum:

As always, everyone's dinners sound so good, and inspiring.

I found some nice looking sea scallops today, so I grabbed a few. Made a loaded up salad with whatever I could find in the veggie bin, and cut up a nice juicy fresh plum from the farmers market for an after dinner dessert-y type sweet.

The only seasoning for the pan seared scallops was a little salt and a drizzle of lemon butter. OMGosh....they were so sweet and tender. Love it when that happens. :yum:

Attachments

• scallops and salad.jpg
    scallops and salad.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Top notch Cheryl!
K, lovely, I can taste that.
CG, MMM!
GG, that was a lot of food for a lunch plate.
Joey, I've still not had Walleye.
Everyone's dinner look and sound creative and I'm sure satisfied each and every table they were on.

For us, it's been raining, thunder, lightening since 2am, with a short reprieve in the afternoon, but right back to it this evening; so I'm very glad that I decided this morning to start a pot of Homemade/from scratch Chicken Noodle Soup, it was wonderful.
My intention was to share with the folks upstairs, but, oops, we ate it ALL!!!
Not photo worthy, it's a bowl of soup...

Lovely dinners, all! S&P, do I ever miss fresh caught walleye! Cheryl, what a gorgeous sear on those scallops!

Rather paltry entry here. We finished up the leftover Thai, along with some sweet red grapes.

CP, I couldn't find any chili recipes that Steve had posted, but I'm sure it's tucked away somewhere here. If not, we'll have to shake it out of him. Be forewarned, Steve likes his chili HOT!

Meanwhile, I did find a thread with a number of different chili recipes. Maybe one of these would sound good to you:

Chili Recipes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom