Saturday, 9-19-2020 ~ What vittles you be fixin' on ITLaPD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Ahoy pirates and wenches, mates and beauties. T'day be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrr! What be cooking up in your galley? Here aboard the Good Ship Goddess we be simmerin' three cauldrons of soups: ham and beans, chicken, and cheesy cauliflower. The last be first, seein' on how cheesy soups don't reheat well.

Tell us, now, what's your slop du jour, while I lift me mug of grog in salute to you all.

Meatloaf is in the oven. So is an experiment - baked potato squash. I have other carbs on standby in case the squash doesn't turn out to our liking.

Hot dog coins in tomato and onion sauce over small shells.

hot_dogs_tomato_onion_091920_IMG_7179.JPG

Last edited:
Chicken parm with spaghetti.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present the following as evidence of my earlier statement:

Attachments

• F26C1E69-00FC-46D1-B6CF-182F663EBA8F_1_105_c.jpg
    F26C1E69-00FC-46D1-B6CF-182F663EBA8F_1_105_c.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Meatloaf is in the oven. So is an experiment - baked potato squash. I have other carbs on standby in case the squash doesn't turn out to our liking.

We had the meatloaf. I used miso and fish sauce instead of tomato paste or ketchup. It worked well. I may think that my pork meatloaf is the better of the two, but this was darned tasty. The "baked potato squash" tasted nothing like potato. I mashed it and it looked like mashed potatoes, but it did not taste like them, even a little. It tasted of squash and we are not fond of squash. It was edible. I won't be throwing anything away, but I won't be buying it again. We had some of the bean salad with supper.

SC and I are cooking a special Rosh Hashanah dinner together tonight.

We'll be having Potato Latkes with lox, sour cream and black caviar, along with vegetable and Matzo Ball Soup.

Traditional apple slices and honey for dessert.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 87
Massaman Curry with bok choy side.

36788-albums1144-picture8430-jpg.46651

SC and I are cooking a special Rosh Hashanah dinner together tonight.

We'll be having Potato Latkes with lox, sour cream and black caviar, along with vegetable and Matzo Ball Soup.

Traditional apple slices and honey for dessert.

Oh my, it was so tasty and SC appreciated the holiday dinner so much. We had fun together in the kitchen.:wub:
Happy and healthy New Year to all!!

Attachments

• P9190074.jpg
    P9190074.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 67
  • P9190075.jpg
    P9190075.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P9190077.jpg
    P9190077.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 116
  • P9190072.jpg