Saturday Comfort in the Kitchen - 7/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight was Psycho Chicken night. A whole chicken baked in the oven for 2 hours. What was wrong with that? DH marinated it last night, got it ready for the oven tonight, had some projects to work on out in the garage. So that left me to do what? I had to keep checking to see if the oven was still on. For some time now, our stove has really been acting up. You turn something on and next thing you know, it turns off. After doing that a few times, it will stay on. Tonight it only went off 1 time, thank goodness. Yes, a new stove is in our future. lol And the chicken turned out very tasty.

DH grilled some hot dog shaped Polish sausages and hot dog buns. We had that with sauerkraut, yellow mustard for DH and seedy Dijon for me, an interesting relish from Pepperfire Foods, chopped onion, pickled jalapeño, and dill pickles on the side. Quite tasty. No pix

After combining pieces and parts of several recipes, I made a vat of what I'm calling Gumbolaya. Sure is tasty, but a wee bit zesty. There was beer chilling in the freezer as we ate...fire extinguisher! Meanwhile, we had crispy French bread rolls to help abate the heat.

IMG_20210703_213731545.jpg

Tonight was fusion American food, open faced cheesesteak sandwich with tin sliced, leftover ribeye, lightly fried red bell pepper, and hemmed chase sauce of aged white cheddar, milk, mustard, and black pepper, all piled high on soft white bread. it was tasty.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• open faced cheesecake 2.jpg
    open faced cheesecake 2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 47
anchovy and pepperoncini pizza in my Emeril LaGasbag 360 air fryer oven. Yes, I put oregano in the sauce! It has Italian seasoning and pecorino Romano cheese mixed into the crust, and fresh basil, parmigiano and mozzarella cheese on top.

Saturday was our family get-together. First post-isolation gathering.

We had ceviche, chips and dip, tortellini skewered with cheese, tomato and salami, cucumber salad, pasta salad, sliders, Parmesan and garlic roasted potatoes and regular and cheese hot dogs (a nostalgia item for my younger daughter). Dessert was lemon bars, cheesecake brownies, and ice cream.

Saturday was our family get-together. First post-isolation gathering.

We had ceviche, chips and dip, tortellini skewered with cheese, tomato and salami, cucumber salad, pasta salad, sliders, Parmesan and garlic roasted potatoes and regular and cheese hot dogs (a nostalgia item for my younger daughter). Dessert was lemon bars, cheesecake brownies, and ice cream.

Though my dinner was tasty, I would have liked being at you table. But then again, Andy, I respect your cooking skills more than I respect Emiril Lugasse. ;)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom