Saturday dinner, 30 August....What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
It looks like a washout of a shore day:(..Probably go to the movies to see Bottle Shock today.

Dinner tonight will be preceded by mint juleps.

First course is fried eggplant and zucchini stacks with lemon aioli. I also boiled crabs to hammer and pound.

Dinner is pasta with sauteed tomatoes and andouille sausage.

Pound cake for dessert.

Pinot noir with dinner.

Off to work soon and was looking for some dinner ideas. Pasta sounds good to me too Vera.

i'm going to drive around vb's town on my way home tonight and keep an ear open for pounding. :)

truthfully, it's back to the same old grind for me. double shift every saturday. catered crapola (aramark sucks eggs) for lunch; dinner is a steeplechase home, bath-books-bed for my boy, then the death race back into the city to pick on leftover dinner caterings. finally, a trip to the diner on the way home at midnight.
or maybe one of the 24/7 fried chicken places that i found up in harlem over the past few weeks. :pig:

Pork chops stuffed with bacon and parm. broiled green beans, Palenta, and have not decided on desert yet or another veggie, about to go to the farmers market.

That stinks Bucky, Im at work today too.

Im thinking more or less whats for dinner for the next few days.

Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays dinner Ideas.......

Burgers, and bourbon chicken, with sides to be named later

Maybe another chicken dish

cornbeef that I got sitting in the frrezer

i'm going to drive around vb's town on my way home tonight and keep an ear open for pounding. :)truthfully, it's back to the same old grind for me. double shift every saturday. catered crapola (aramark sucks eggs) for lunch; dinner is a steeplechase home, bath-books-bed for my boy, then the death race back into the city to pick on leftover dinner caterings. finally, a trip to the diner on the way home at midnight. or maybe one of the 24/7 fried chicken places that i found up in harlem over the past few weeks. :pig:
Oh Bucky, why don't you just drop by Rao's on your way home and see if you can get lucky enough to nab a coveted table there, it'll be late enough, maybe all will have relinquished theirs by then....:)
as for us, it's too early here, the husband's still asleep, I'm coffee-ing and not sure of his plans. he mentioned going somewhere like Palm Springs for the weekend, we'll see if I can find a hotel there, where we can BAKE

i'm going to drive around vb's town on my way home tonight and keep an ear open for pounding. :)

truthfully, it's back to the same old grind for me. double shift every saturday. catered crapola (aramark sucks eggs) for lunch; dinner is a steeplechase home, bath-books-bed for my boy, then the death race back into the city to pick on leftover dinner caterings. finally, a trip to the diner on the way home at midnight.
or maybe one of the 24/7 fried chicken places that i found up in harlem over the past few weeks. :pig:
Want the address? It'll be easire than driving around listening for pounding..;)

ribfest tonite!! maybe jake'll take me before monday, otherwise, kix or golden grahams.

lol, vb. with all of those fantastic dinners that you make, i'm definitely going to take you up on it. i just need to get a saturday off.

lemme know if you're going in to san genarro or any other upcoming feast. i saw that garfield has set up their lighting and banners up by our lady of mt. virgin, by vitamia's.

Again, haven't thought too much about dinner. Probably a salad followed by sautèed sole, potatoes of some kind and a vegetable. It has been too hot to think about much except keeping cool!

Got to make another apple pie. Meatballs in gravy or tomato sauce tonight.

Boooooring. Oh well.

Usual Saturday dinner, homemade pizza, one with fresh mozarella and oregano and one with fresh mozarella, basil and peppers from the garden and a tossed salad.

Sweet Italian sausage and pasta. Salad of tomatoes, cukes, lettuce, mozzarella cheese , evoo and vinegar. Garlic bread topped with parmesan cheese.
Dessert is Pistachio ice cream and fresh made Expresso (not instant powder)

Busy day here.
I worked 4am til noon-thirty, then grocery shopped.
DH is playing lawn-boy.
I'll grill up some brats I picke dup and some sweet corn... maybe a can o beans.
Ice Cream!!!!

lol, vb. with all of those fantastic dinners that you make, i'm definitely going to take you up on it. i just need to get a saturday off.

lemme know if you're going in to san genarro or any other upcoming feast. i saw that garfield has set up their lighting and banners up by our lady of mt. virgin, by vitamia's.

I was just at vitamia last weekend, saw the banners, too. We're doing the Hoboken italian festival next weekend, in Sinatra Park. We never drive there any longer. Once it took an hour just to get out of the parking garage. Now we drive to weehawken and take the light rail. We do have plans to go to San Genaro, too.

Hey Bucky Vera,

I work in weehawken and the hoboken border.

Do you guys know good places to get something to eat?

the my guys are looking for good new places to

Some pirogies and then off to the Fairfax USA Days for carnival rides and fireworks.

Bucky and Vera - I wish I was out there - I'd visit you both!
I've got some lemon oregano chicken thighs in the oven and I made an italian pasta salad that's chilling in the fridge to go with it.
I need to send my boy to the market for a good loaf of french bread.

Glazed salmon with wild rice and green beans!

Attachments

• glazed-salmon-7.jpg
    glazed-salmon-7.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom