Saturday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
jake's working, he's so dagnabbin shimmering with glory over my chili that he's chosen chili as both his work-meal & his morning meal; cooking myself seafood, sauteed haricots verts & salad after he leaves.
you?

Not sure either. Tomorrow's our monthly "date" day and Buck and I are planning to test out a new restaurant in our area for lunch. Will probably be late afternoon so the evening meal will be late and scant. I've taken out a leftover chicken pot pie from the freezer - The Best Recipe - so that should be enough to satisfy us for the night. Still have more than enough Christmas candy to take care of the dessert part of the meal. Just about to finish a bag of M&Ms dark. They are really, really good.

Lefse, you're only about 1 1/2 hours from me today!!! Too bad you couldn't travel west just a bit and I'd make you dinner.

I think we'll be having pecan-crusted salmon with roasted peppers and squash, 7-grain pilaf and fruit.

Its 8:18 am here and too soon to even think about food for me............maybe after a few more cups of hot tea I can function enough to unthaw something.

First course is a napoleon of grilled zucchini, grilled potato and grilled butternut squash with a cranberry stilton cheese between the slices, served on a bed of baby spinach leaves.

Entree is rabbit in a tarragon sherry sauce over roasted carrot fetuccine.

Eclairs from the pastry shoppe for dessert.

We're having a nappa cabernet with the rabbit and johnny walker black with the napoleon.

Tonight we are going to my company's holiday party. They hold it after the holidays, dinner, dancing and open bar.

We ordered the new york strip steak with jack daniels peppercorn sauce.

Next week I'm going to get serious about dropping the 10 pounds that have been bothering me the last year or so. So today . . . I'm craving Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with cheese. It's so yummy and very soon it will be off of my menu . . . except for the occasional 1/2 cup portion!

SizzlininIN said:
Its 8:18 am here and too soon to even think about food for me............maybe after a few more cups of hot tea I can function enough to unthaw something.

Hey, Sizz! Have a couple more cups of tea. Wouldn't unthaw be already cooked?:LOL: Just bein' silly. Have a great day.

My brother and SIL are suppose to host a party tonight (no word of it yet) since she got the baby doll in her slice of bread last Sunday (which we call "rosca de reyes") "Three Magic Kings' bread". It's a tradition we have not been keeping up so I doubt my SIL will cook anything, much rather invite us over. Heehee

I might just cook some enchilada lasagna from "Cooking for the Rushed" cookbook.

Katie E said:
Not sure either. Tomorrow's our monthly "date" day and Buck and I are planning to test out a new restaurant in our area for lunch. Will probably be late afternoon so the evening meal will be late and scant. I've taken out a leftover chicken pot pie from the freezer - The Best Recipe - so that should be enough to satisfy us for the night. Still have more than enough Christmas candy to take care of the dessert part of the meal. Just about to finish a bag of M&Ms dark. They are really, really good.​

whereabouts in Kentucky? I think maybe not too far from Philly? I'm pretty sure I can get on a plane........ hahaha
dark M+M's? yumm............and mind posting that chix pot pie recipe?

PA Baker said:
Lefse, you're only about 1 1/2 hours from me today!!! Too bad you couldn't travel west just a bit and I'd make you dinner.

I think we'll be having pecan-crusted salmon with roasted peppers and squash, 7-grain pilaf and fruit.

well dang it! sheesh.........if it was a long one, believe me, I 'am' into renting cars...........rain check, oh no, that may pertain to tonight. <<it's supposed to rain there right?:wacko:

spicy beef and sweet pepper pizza, Extra cheese, and of course I`ll put the olives and anchovies on my side of it also :)

We'll be trying a recipe from the the new Gourmet Cookbook our daughter gave us for Christmas (along with The Bon Appetit Cookbook). It's chicken divan...an oldie that we haven't had in ages.

Tonight's dinner was quick but good. Took some "turkey chops" (like turkey cutlets but thicker), dredged them in some seasoned flour & sauteed them in some extra-virgin olive oil. Then squeezed half a lemon over them.

Served them with a vegetable "medley" of what I had on hand. Boiled up some little gold & all-blue fingerling potatoes & baby carrots, then added in some adorable TINY baby zucchini (like little-finger size) & quarter-size green & yellow pattypan squash. Drained & finished off with half a bag of baby spinach leaves stirred in until wilted. Sliced up the potatoes & tossed all the vegetables together with several tablespoons of butter & a good sprinkling of McCormacks' Montreal Chicken Grill Seasoning.

Absolutely delicious!

luv's, your idea about chili got me in the mood for it, so I made a pot of chili, and then stuffed it into buritos and topped them with mexican cheese and jalapenos, and some spicy rice.

Stuffed and happy, battered and deep fried calamari strips, cole slaw, french fries, beans and rice then hot peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream..YUMMMMMy..Best thing about it? I didn't have to cook it, daughter, Olivia and I went out to dinner:LOL: Little livie had her first slaw, calamari and beans..Plus half of the peach cobbler:ROFLMAO: That baby sure can eat...She also entertained evryone in the place, and we got umpteen questions about the bandage on her forehead..Little thing will be 1 on the 28th of Jan, and has been walking for 2 months. So thursday night she decided to see how fast she could run and she and the corner of the wall made friends:( A trip to the er now has her with no stitches as they used the seal up liquid bandage on her, but she got quite a whack..And I thought my grandsons were helter skelter:ohmy: Well all is well and she is just fine, and off and running again..

kadesma

LEFSElover said:
whereabouts in Kentucky? I think maybe not too far from Philly? I'm pretty sure I can get on a plane........ hahaha
dark M+M's? yumm............and mind posting that chix pot pie recipe?

Well lemme see, we're in the far western part of Kentucky. Do you think you can get here soon? The M&Ms are about gone. However, Buck's mom lives in Allentown, not terribly far from you. Perhaps she could fence some dark chocolate M&Ms for us.:LOL:

As for the chicken pot pie recipe, I think I would violate the copyright rules if I posted it. Besides it's several pages long. As with anything to do with Cook's Illustrated, which is where the The Best Recipe came from, it's very thorough. Read that to mean: takes some time to prepare. Very good, though.

Our lunch was phenomenal. One of the best places we've eaten at in recent months. Awesome food, atmosphere and service. We will definitely go back for dinner. We like to try a restaurant out first for lunch to see if it would stand up to dinner. This one would not only stand up for dinner, it would applaud itself and give the "wave." Really, really great.

After our lunch, which was later in the afternoon, we didn't even have room for chicken pot pie for dinner. Instead, we had leftover French onion soup from earlier in the week. Filled in the cracks and satisfied us quite adequately.

Wonderful "date" day! I always look forward to our dates together even after over 30 years together.

Back
Top Bottom