Saturday' Dinner - 7/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Short Cuts Tonight...

Pork Loin Chop Air-Fried, Nuked & Buttered
Sweet Potato, Three-Veggie Blend...

Pork Loin Chop 7-16-22.jpg

whole wheat opened faced sandwiches with mushroom lentil pate, lemon garlic tofu cream, toasted in the oven, topped with thinly sliced pickles and then tomatoes. Large salad (lettuce, broccoli, red cabbage, whole wheat berries, kidney beans, pickles, tomatoes), topped with carrot apple pineapple slaw and tomato dressing.

Pot roast, mashed potatoes, and steamed carrot coins.

pot_roast_071622_img_9837-jpg.51347

I grilled some sweet Italian sausages along with a CI skillet for the veggies. Tots complete the meal.

IMG_0221.jpg

I had no energy today, so we ordered Greek food. It was delicious, though I think they have a new chef. The dolmades weren't as good as usual and the pilaf was a little sweet. I could see something tomato-y in it, which I haven't seen before. I think it was tomato paste.

Denver steak grilled medium rare, salt roasted Yukon Golds, tomato+cucumber+onion+olives+ feta cheese salad. Delicious.
When cooked medium rare and sliced against the grain Denver Steak can be a treat.
Have a great night everyone!

You have a great night, too, chessplayer!

I batch-cooked a couple of pounds of lean ground beef for tacos, put two bags of meat in the freezer, and used the rest for taco salads tonight. I dressed iceberg and romaine lettuces with an avocado oil and lime dressing, then topped everything with radishes, avocado, black olives, fresh tomatoes, salsa, taco sauce, Mexican cheese blend, and sour cream.

IMG_20220716_215508899_HDR.jpg

My first gazpacho of the season! As soon as I get around 3 lbs of ripe tomatoes (there have been more, but mostly cherries, and not all at once), I do this. The sweet peppers were from a friend's garden (no sweet peppers here!). The garlic was the smallest head this season, equal to a medium clove.
Just over 3 lbs of tomatoes, for the gazpacho. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tomatoes pureed, about 3 lbs, with 3 tb chia seeds, to thicken. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Remaining veggies for the gazpacho. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A little bit of the tomatoes, pureed with the veggies, sherry vinegar, and some olive oil, emulsified with it at the end. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

About 3 quarts of gazpacho, to have for a few meals! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A friend came over and helped me eat some of it, along with some diced tomatoes and cukes (was out of peppers), some chopped garlic chives, and some croutons. I often eat this, and other dishes made with fresh tomatoes, for breakfast, at this time of year.

Last edited:
I went with a friend to the Butterfly Festival at the botanical garden yesterday. After I got home, I lay down for a nap and woke up three hours later [emoji16] So we had a quick and easy summer dinner - grilled NY strip steak seasoned with Penzeys Chicago Steak Seasoning, grilled corn on the cob with Penzeys 4/S Seasoning Salt and a garden salad. One of my neighbors brought me some Black Krim tomatoes from his garden and the cucumber is from our garden. So good [emoji39]
20220716_203851.jpg

Back
Top Bottom