Saturday dinner, April 24, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got three choices, salad with chicken and artichoke hearts using butter lettuce. or............tacos using the chicken----or breakfast. am leaning toward salad. this low salt diet sucks.

I portioned a pork loin and saved out a small roast for dinner tonight. I'll roast some potatoes and asparagus.

Today's my birthday, so my husband's cooking dinner - a rare and momentous occasion! We're having pan-seared peppercorned Angus filet mignon, baked potatoes and steamed asparagus. I have one of my favorite cakes chilling in the refrigerator for dessert: Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/101955

DTB's: Dam* Tasty Burgers... grilled, with baked beans and tater tots, son will be here from college with friends, a favorite meal.

Happy Birthday merstar!!!! Enjoy your dinner.

I'm making D'zones with mushrooms, onions, green peppers. What'a D'zone??? It is my homemade Calzone.

Happy Birthday Merstar and yes, Dave, the D'zones sound tasty!

We had lemon herb chicken breasts with rice (done in chicken broth) and carrots. Not a colourful meal but usually on a cake delivery day my family settles for take-out! But I made my 4:00 delivery and my 5:30 dinnertime!

Thanks merstar and LP .... they came out well. Had salad and small dish of pasta on the side.

We had breakfast for dinner last night.

scrambled eggss with asiago cheese and green onion.... bacon and sourdough english muffins with sugar-free raspberry jam.

img_891952_0_bb03f06ad2869f652b88690965ee5fca.jpg

Last night I made farfalle (bowtie) pasta tossed with sliced hot Italian turkey sausage, chopped garlic, & gorgeous young broccoli raab - all sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil & sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes & grated parmesan cheese. Served with a nice green salad of mixed baby lettuces from the farmers market.

Broccoli raab is one of my favorite veggies. Particularly in the spring, when the stems are thin & tender (less trimming/waste, & no peeling of thick stems required). I even grow it myself, although this year I didn't get to do an early spring sowing, so may give a fall/early winter crop a try with some protection.

Back
Top Bottom