Saturday eats, 1-5-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You weren't being rude. GG just took it that way. She does that. :glare: (that was glaring).

All of your posts have a broken link at the end. I don't know why. Perhaps an unintentional signature that isn't working? I honestly don't know. It just shows up to me as a question mark in a blue box, and it is on all of your posts.

Please don't stop posting. I'm sure this can be figured out and fixed.

CD

I never said or implied that this person was being rude. I noticed an issue with her posts - which you have apparently also seen - and mentioned it. That's all.

Victoria, there's no reason for you to stop posting. Whatever is going on with your posts is not a big deal. It just made me curious.

Last edited:
No, silly. A confused look is when you try to pass off passive aggressiveness as confusion due to an illness.

You might want to look up the definition of passive aggressive. Because your posts about, but not directed toward, me are perfect examples. When I'm talking to you, though, it's quite clear.

I never said or implied that this person was being rude. I noticed an issue with her posts - which you have apparently also seen - and mentioned it. That's all.

With the world constantly changing, it is nice to know some things never change... such as how easy it is to get under your skin. :angel:

Chill out. But, keep in mind that not everyone on this forum knows us. The noobs don't know to ignore you and me until they get to know us. And, then there is Buckytom -- he probably scares noobs away better than you and I combined. Sumptin' wrong with that man. :rolleyes:

CD:D

Chill out. But, keep in mind that not everyone on this forum knows us. The noobs don't know to ignore you and me until they get to know us. And, then there is Buckytom -- he probably scares noobs away better than you and I combined. Sumptin' wrong with that man. :rolleyes:

CD[emoji3]

You weren't being rude. GG just took it that way. She does that. :glare: (that was glaring).

So this is you keeping the noobs in mind? Yer killin' me, casey.

Welcome to DC, Victoria. I'm sorry if our resident sit-down comics have your head spinning, but pay them no mind. There has been a problem in the past when someone posts an image that isn't shareable on a social forum. Once upon a time you could post a photo from your Photobucket account with no problem. Then Photobucket made problems for their members by requiring them to become paying members if they wanted to share their (THEIR!) own photos. At that point, any of their shared photos showed an image of a box broken in two. That image is what I've also seen in some of your posts. It's not enough of a problem that you should stop posting. Just for fun and giggles, you could even make your signature something like "I didn't post a photo - I have no idea what you're talking about". :D

Back to food and tonight's dinner. ~ Unlike you casey, Himself and I have no problem dining late enough to annoy waitstaff at restaurants. :LOL: The kids, a friend of theirs (and us), Himself, and I headed to a local Texas Steakhouse after the improv show we attended tonight. Beef meat all around. I had one of their 6-ounce sirloin steaks with house salad (balsamic dressing on the side, please), and steamed broccoli. I made up that sensible meal by eating three (!) of their yummy rolls with a bit of the cinnamon honey butter. :yum: Too hungry to snap a pic.

Welcome to DC, Victoria. Back to food and tonight's dinner. ~ Unlike you casey, Himself and I have no problem dining late enough to annoy waitstaff at restaurants. :LOL: The kids, a friend of theirs (and us), Himself, and I headed to a local Texas Steakhouse after the improv show we attended tonight. Beef meat all around. I had one of their 6-ounce sirloin steaks with house salad (balsamic dressing on the side, please), and steamed broccoli. I made up that sensible meal by eating three (!) of their yummy rolls with a bit of the cinnamon honey butter. :yum: Too hungry to snap a pic.

Was it a Texas Roadhouse? That chain does a very respectable steak for a very reasonable price.

CD

Thanks for catching that, cd. Yup, it was the Roadhouse. You're right about it being decent food, and a good value. Better yet, we use Discover card cash back gift cards when we go, so dinner is usually free! Free makes the food taste even better. ;)

It's a “moz-extension”, whatever the heck that is. I see a tiny empty square, no “?”in it. I don't think it's poisonous, and it's certainly nothing your fault, imvic! Please continue to post away!
I was curious and did a quick google search on this. It appears that it's an error message caused by a Firefox extension that is not working properly.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1183108

You can see what extensions you have installed in your browser from the menu (upper right corner), add-ons, extensions. I don't have any installed, and don't see any problems with iamvics posts. This looks like an unusual issue, and I suspect you won't see it if you use a different browser, such as Chrome.

I think she is an innocent bystander, and I hope she keeps posting.

I don't see anything odd on Iamvic's posts either.

We had beef sliders seasoned like gyro meat cooked on the grill with cumin flatbread for "buns" and tzatziki.

Last night I made a batch of sambar, with some okra out of my freezer, as well as some dehydrated eggplant (another thing that I have a large amount of, that I have to use before summer). I also had a cucumber raita on the side. I had also taken some chicken out of the freezer - some drumsticks, which I hacked up into 3 pieces each, to make some chicken cafreal, but I found that I was out of cilantro, which almost never happens! So that was put off until today - I went shopping at 6am (I can't stand going in crowds, so I go when they open), stocked up on my canned beans and tomatoes (can-can sale!), and got that cilantro. The chicken cafreal is now marinating in that green masala, and I'm going back to sleep!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom