Saturday Feb 21 Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm slow roasting a venison roast today;). Marinated it last night, threw in some juniper berries and a few raspberries, what the heck:LOL:. Will roast with white and sweet potatoes and carrots. Will also cook a one pound batch of pasta dressed with pesto and chevre, but will only serve a small amount as a side.

Uncle Bob, we recently finished a bottle of Woodford Reserve Bourbon:mad:. so no bourbon on the premises at present, hoping the bottle of Gentleman Jack will do:-p. Will put a splash on the roast too!

What's cooking at your place today?

I'm going to make an orzo/chicken pasta dish and a salad w/goat cheese, dried cranberries, balsamic, roast pecans. Hopefully going to get a bottle of good red wine for later too - not sure what. Need to drag myself out to the store later.

I put the beans and ham hocks in the pot and have them simmering. We'll eat mid afternoon then snack during the movie.

tonight I'm making my favorite...................RESERVATIONS !! :LOL:

Yes, that is my favourite....after popcorn!

DH switched shifts today so will be home today but tired after an over time shift last night. So, I want to make him a special dinner.

I am thinking salmon with hollandaise, rice, and asparagus. Probably a new coconut pound cake I want to try out to add to my wedding cake repertoire for dessert.

I have had the urge to make one of the best comfort foods: meatloaf!! I am using a recipe that my mom has used for years. This recipe mixes together ground beef and sausage with some spices and the filling is a cheese and fresh bread crumbs. To accompany the meatloaf I am going to have Brussel sprouts and roasted fingerling potatoes.

I have had the urge to make one of the best comfort foods: meatloaf!! I am using a recipe that my mom has used for years. This recipe mixes together ground beef and sausage with some spices and the filling is a cheese and fresh bread crumbs. To accompany the meatloaf I am going to have Brussel sprouts and roasted fingerling potatoes.
That sounds really good. Most meatloaves I have made didn't have cheese, but I tried it once, and it was DELISH! Your sides sound really great too!

We're trying to get as much meat in before Wednesday , so it's either hamburgers or meatloaf tonight. If it's burgers, fried potatoes, it it's meatloaf, mashed. And a side of caesar salad. And I have 4 avocados ,a tub of cherry tomatoes, and 5 lemons that need to be eaten soon. Life is good. :)

Oh phooey. Is it Ash Wednesday this week already?ARGH. I hate fasting.

OK, so dinner tonight is going to be a stir fry. I have to decide whether to use pork or chicken. Anyone think one is better than the other? I'm sort of up in the air at this point.

Well I am making Lasagna. I use to make it all the time when I lived at home but have not made it in a while. Been married to my wife for 4 1/2 years and dated for a year before that and never made it for her. We got 5 inches of snow and I figured it was a good day to make a giant Lasagna.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom