Saturday Feb 26 - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JohnL said:
I know it's February, but I'm in the mood for some steamed crabs tonight!

Too bad you aren't here John. Big crab feed tonight in our little town. All you can eat Dungeness and all the beer you can swill. For $25, I would be going, but woke up with a nasty sore throat! So I guess we are having take and bake pizza from Papa Murphy's or the split pea and ham soup I made earlier ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Success! The Challenge meal is quite good! And there's enough leftover to put in a lunch next week!

Roast pork, roasted veggies and polenta. It actually got sunny and semi warm today, but has been wintery feeling for so long we went back to comfort food.

I diced up some sherried pork and mixed into a half container of egg noodles in Alfredo sauce. Nice mixture.

GCC Mushroom Challenge...Will post it all after I get it done, photoed and nommed!

YAY! I cannot wait to see what everyone makes! I had a devil of a time finding the mushrooms that I wanted. In fact, I am having to make do with a powder of one because I could not find it anywhere. Not even dried! I;ll be making my dinner tomorrow after running all over for ingredients today.

We are going out to eat tonight. New local restaurant.

Restaurant review?

OK, I now have to admit to a double dinner tonight. I'm going to have some roast chicken dinner with the family in about 15 minutes. Then later tonight I'm going out with a friend for Thai. Heh heh heh...I'll have to make sure I eat light at both meals or I won't be able to move by tomorrow.

This reminds me of the scene in Lord of the Rings. Breakfast, second breakfast, noonsies, pre-dinner, etc. Not an exact quote. :LOL:

Frank's country spare ribs were terrific!

Chicken with a bit of salt & pepper
dsc4574.jpg

Trader Joes Indian Fare: Pav Bhaji
dsc4580p.jpg

Together
dsc4597b.jpg

with Basmati Brown Rice
dsc4601a.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I now have to admit to a double dinner tonight. I'm going to have some roast chicken dinner with the family in about 15 minutes. Then later tonight I'm going out with a friend for Thai. Heh heh heh...I'll have to make sure I eat light at both meals or I won't be able to move by tomorrow.

This reminds me of the scene in Lord of the Rings. Breakfast, second breakfast, noonsies, pre-dinner, etc. Not an exact quote. :LOL:
Frank's country spare ribs were terrific!

Oh, that's like "The Christmas Lunch Affair" episode of The Vicar of Dibly where she goes and has 4 Christmas lunches in one afternoon.

Yesterday we had take out caribbean...I had jerk chicken (one of my favs. haven't been able to replicate it yet, hoping to find the right recipe soon) and FH had curry chicken.

Back
Top Bottom