Saturday, February 8, 2020 Westminster Dog Show Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Since CoCo will be in control of the remote tonight (Westminster Agility), thought I would make pizza using the leftover spaghetti sauce the KN made and a salad. Asked the KN what he wanted for toppings....wait for it...ham and pineapple (yuck). CoCo would have preferred sausage, peppers, black olives, and sauerkraut. I did mix some parm and Italian seasonings into the dough when I made that. I will be teaching the KN how to make pizza dough in his bread machine to give him a way to use up leftover spaghetti sauce.

Last edited:
We'll be having breakfast for supper tonight. I made an 8x8 pan of "overnight" French toast earlier today (recipe said to let it rest at least 4 hours, so I should be good) that we'll have along with an egg or two, a couple of sausages, a couple short strips of bacon. There will be leftover French toast for whomever gets up first tomorrow. :yum:

3 cups of crab, 2 slices of bread without crusts, eggs, white wine, seasoning, lemon juice and a bit of mayo, and that's it!

Attachments

• 2020-02-08 18.53.21.jpg
    2020-02-08 18.53.21.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 104
SO and I had a big lunch with her friend so dinner was light. She had cheese and crackers and I had an onion bagel with cream cheese and lox.

I was going to make frikadeller. I made up the frikadelle mix. But, when I thought about scrubbing or peeling potatoes, I realized that I didn't have enough spoons to do cook potatoes and fry the frikadeller. I left the frikadelle mix in the fridge and I can make the frikadeller tomorrow. It's good for the frikadelle mix to sit in the fridge for a while - hydrates the flour and lets flavours mingle.

So, we ordered out. I had a Cobb salad and DH had a "Mexican poutine". That's the fries and cheese curds topped with ground beef and a sauce with Mexican inspired seasoning. There were also some rings of pickled banana pepper. We both enjoyed our meals.

I'm surprised I didn't know the WCC show was this weekend. My neighbor, and psycho-poodle's favorite human is a dog show judge -- Best in Show judge for the Westminster in 2014. I know my mom is watching, and she and my neighbor will talk for hours about it. I need to at least watch highlights of Best in Show so I can talk to my neighbor (and my mom) and not be clueless.

Nothing big planned for eats. Sandwiches and snacks tonight.

CD

The main WKC show where the judge the groups and award best in show is on Monday and Tuesday nights on FS1. At least is if you have Comcast/Xfinity.

Thanks! I don't have cable or satellite TV. Maybe I'll go watch the final rounds with Betty.

CD

IMG_5417.jpg

BBQ b/s Chicken Thighs, homemade Coleslaw and Bush's Backed Beans
:yum:

IMG_5418.jpg

I used this BBQ Sauce that I bought as a souvenir from our Road Trip From AZ to FL and back again.
Peach Grilling (aka BBQ) Sauce, delicious, but spicy with Red Chili AND Jalapenos.
DH's wacky taste buds (yet again) tasted sour, "Eewwwww. What's sour here? I don't like sour." :glare: (please insert whiny 10 year old boys voice here for accurate effect :LOL:)
I just taste Peaches and Peppers :huh:
Everything on MY plate was great! I suppose I'll be eating THIS again as well as last night's supper *shrug* oh well

Had italian sausage & pork cannelloni (per my recent recipe) with white sauce - hadn't had it for a while, and it was wonderful !

If you're feeling like a tummy comforting 'soul food' pasta dish, you must try this sometime - a couple of members did & loved it .

Attachments

• IMG_9354 Baked Canneloni.jpg
    IMG_9354 Baked Canneloni.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9358Served baked canneloni.jpg
    IMG_9358Served baked canneloni.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 82
As reported in another thread, we went wedding clothes shopping and then dropped into a great BBQ joint..

https://www.citybutchersgf.com/

We had wonderful burnt end sandwiches and turkey sandwiches and potato salad.. The star of the day, to me, was their Austin Andouille.. Never had I enjoyed such a flavorful sausage.. :yum:

Ross

We went shopping yesterday AM, and by the time we got done, we were famished so stopped and got some fried chicken and macaroni salad for lunch. Had potato, onion, and kielbasa soup for supper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom