Saturday in the Kitchen - 11/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks on a lake of Teriyaki Sauce, Buttered Brown Rice, Spinach with Mushroom Pieces.........

Tuna Steaks, Brown Rice.jpg

Whole wheat sprouted grain bun, split toasted, open faced, w/avocado, drained salsa.
Fruit salad of cubed squash, sliced grapes, pomegranate seeds, finely chopped raw broccoli trees, lemon/honey w/cinnamon and cloves.
Blueberry nice-cream with cocoa nibs in an hour.

Cleaning out the fridge. Seeing the back of the interior usually makes me nervous, but this time it means we're closer to vacation. I made loaded spinach salads, then we grazed through the leftovers.

IMG_20211106_212226703_HDR.jpg

We went with leftovers too. A package from the freezer of the Summer Bolognese pasta, garlic bread and DH had a salad with homegrown lettuce. We enjoyed dinner while watching The Guilty. I think I liked the movie more than Mikey did.

IMG_5764 (2).jpg

Pan-fried pork chops seasoned with Penzeys Ozark seasoning, Stovetop Stuffing enhanced with sautéed celery and onions and roasted asparagus. I also made a quick sauce with Duke's mayo and my homemade Dijon-style grainy mustard. Tasty.
20211106_192638.jpg

GG, I have made a similar quick salad dressing. I usually add a couple of splashes of Worcestershire sauce.

After all of the hub-bub-bub of the Community Craft & Bake Sale,
I was pooped!
:LOL:
So I ordered take out from the next community over's
club house restaurant, 2 orders of their Saturday Special
Prime Rib dinner.

IMG_5840.jpg
(file photo from last year)

NO BUENO!!!

The meat was tough, the Baked Potato this time around
was under-done and the veg was a mix of Summer Squash,
again, under-done, raw I'd really say.
The salad was good! :LOL:

Halloween Candy for dessert

grocery store was understocked, so some of the things I needed for dinners this week were unavailable. Had to cook with what I had on hand , so had a Burmese pasta dish I learned from a friend back in the day. Also made a vegetable soup for lunch using potatoes , string beans, tomatoes and okra from the garden ( along with other veggies).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom