Saturday Jan 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It never fails by the time I get to look around here my cooking days already over.
I'm up early on work days, and already have breakfast, lunch and dinner made by 11am.. It's ok, it still gives me an idea for tomorrows dinner.

Today I marinated Chicken breasts. Mixed some mayo with Italian dressing for the spread Got the grill out froze my butt off grilling before 9am. Tossed on some fresh sour dough bread, put a nice grill mark on them. While freezing anyways, I thought I'd might as well put some Italian sausages on for my other guys. I'll make them my Wedgie fries to go with it. playoffs are tonight.

Made a batch of cole slaw. So hubbys having his sammich and salad, breakfast.

My good deeds done for today. Ready for a nap already.:angel:

Dinner tonight is a selection of appetizers. and odds and ends. Don't feel like cooking or eating.

But that would take all the fun out of it...I've been waiting for 2 days to find out what Pac was thawing!:LOL:

Exactly! I've been waiting two days, too! :LOL:
I knew it was food, so it was win/win no matter what it was ;)

The container I've been waiting to thaw finally has. Near as I can tell it is the Greek meatballs in asparagus lemon sauce that I made a while back. I'll serve it over egg noodles.

Is that my recipe you used Pac? You never reported if you liked it :rolleyes:;)

I have a twelve quart pot of spaghetti meat sauce simmering away on the stove. It has 1/3 sweet Italian sausage, 1/3 hot Italian sausage, 1/3 ground chuck, that's the meat ratio I use for a total of five lbs. of meat. I'll freeze the sauce in quart freezer bags and have enough to last us a year, using it once a month. I love only having to boil up some pasta for a quick home cooked meal.

Is that my recipe you used Pac? You never reported if you liked it :rolleyes:;)

I have a twelve quart pot of spaghetti meat sauce simmering away on the stove. It has 1/3 sweet Italian sausage, 1/3 hot Italian sausage, 1/3 ground chuck, that's the meat ratio I use for a total of five lbs. of meat. I'll freeze the sauce in quart freezer bags and have enough to last us a year, using it once a month. I love only having to boil up some pasta for a quick home cooked meal.

I didn't? :whistling
You should check your subscribed threads :D

pacanis said:
lol, I had forgotten about that.
That was pretty good gravy though :pig:

Luckily you won't starve! Nothing like a good bowl of gravy!

I spachcocked a chicken and have it roastiong in the oven. Serving sweet and sour cabbage, baked beans and because they were requested, french fries.

I just put a down and dirty batch of green chili on to cook...down and dirty because i used canned salsa verde, green chilies and tomatoes, tossed in diced pork...set to simmer. Will set up some rice in the cooker. Back to sitting on the couch.

Salad and homemade wonton soup (garnished with green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil and bok choy leaves and stems)

img_1095948_0_5df5d5efbf2c02dbca236b88157ee17e.jpg

img_1095948_1_28465b4a4d5068910fc207e27503e284.jpg

I wanted to use up the leftover chicken and stuffing from the other night, so... Chicken Crescent Rolls and veggies with parmesan garlic butter.

Attachments

• ChickenCrescentRolls_2.jpg
    ChickenCrescentRolls_2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 165
I made pizza (his and hers) for a late lunch kinda thing.

I am sure we will want something later, but I don't know what.

I made Quebecois pea soup, (similar to this, except I soaked the peas overnight, used whole, not split yellow peas, used the ham bone left from last weekend's maple glazed ham, the pan drippings from the same [including the maple syrup and hard apple cider], black pepper, thyme, and savory, topped with a bit of Greek yogurt and fresh thyme leaves).

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CanadaAM/20120111/canadian-living-taste-of-quebec-recipes-120111/

I don't put that much onion in mine and I forgot the garlic today! I also blend 1/2 of it with an immersion wand.

salad, sourdough rye bread (recipe needs tweaking) And an apricot souffle with pecans and a sauce using a splash of cognac, splash of maple syrup, and the "juice" from the apricots. Inspired by:

Apricot and Pistachio Soufflé | Essential Pepin

Attachments

• Q_pea_soup.JPG
    Q_pea_soup.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 159
  • soufffle_2.JPG
    soufffle_2.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 145
  • souffle.JPG
    souffle.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 165
Back