Saturday January 11, 2020 - What will you be eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Hopefully it will be roasted turkey breast. I'll bone it down to 2 boneless breast halves leaving the skin on the breasts. Back and other bits will be roasted for stock.
I'll roast the breasts for dinner and sandwiches.

Most likely sides will be steamed and buttered carrot coins, stuffing and pan gravy.

Made 6 dozen lobster/shrimp ravioli the other day & had our first meal of them that day, bathed in a sherry & basil rose cream sauce which was delish !

Froze around 50 of the remaining ravioli and am very tempted to have them again tonite in the same sauce.

Made 6 dozen lobster/shrimp ravioli the other day & had our first meal of them that day, bathed in a sherry & basil rose cream sauce which was delish !

Froze around 50 of the remaining ravioli and am very tempted to have them again tonite in the same sauce.

I have been thinking about making shrimp ravioli. Have you posted your recipe?

Cold today... I have a stew going in the crock pot.. Will toast ciabatta rolls and top with garlic butter, to go with it..

I'll bake a small batch of snickerdoodles to have as we watch Netflix later..

Ross

We are off to friends to watch the Vikings/San Francisco football game.

SO made a rhubarb pie from frozen garden rhubarb and I am contributing ice cream.

Cold today... I have a stew going in the crock pot.. Will toast ciabatta rolls and top with garlic butter, to go with it..

I'll bake a small batch of snickerdoodles to have as we watch Netflix later..

Ross

How I love snickerdoodles Ross! It's been a very long time since I've made any. They bring back very old memories of my Day Care kids, and how much they loved to help me make them.

I'm not suppose to do much with my left arm after getting the pacemaker Thurs., so the Souschef will be in the kitchen tonight making his delicious Chimichungas and get a first hand lesson on my Mexican Rice. Ole':zorro:

Made 5 doz. tamales with one of my Mom's caregivers (the caregiver is a 4th year nursing student and was away when my Mom died so she came out to see us today). We did the vegan ones we made the last time we got together to cook. She took home 1/2 of the tamales and the leftover filling to make into tacos or chili. Too bad Dad doesn't like tamales! He's having a leftover barley-lemon-chicken-veggie bowl I made for him yesterday.

Added chickpeas, tomatoes, black olives and extra seasoning. Added powdered jalapeno peppers and creamed corn to the dough.

https://www.veganblueberry.com/vegan-tamales/

Last edited:
Grilled Ham Steak, Pineapple rice, Honeyed Carrots, Cucumber, Tomato & Sweet Pepper Salad...

Ham Steak, Grilled, Pineapple Rice, Honeyed Carrots.jpg

We had stovetop grilled strip steak, buttered noodles and spinach.

I boned the turkey breast. I’ll roast the skin on, boneless breast halves tomorrow.

The bones, skin and scraps were roasted and are simmering for stock.

It's unusually warm for this time of year, so I'm taking advantage of it and making salads. Along with the garden salads, we had Italian sausages with peppers and onions over polenta and Italian green beans. I was a bit math challenged today and made the polenta a little loose - hence the separate plate/bowl. : lol:
IMG_20200111_200734489.jpgIMG_20200111_204901531.jpg

Well, the temptation was too strong to ignore, so we had them again !

They were even more 'scrumptious' than the last time !

Someone once said that the subtle flavor of lobster, or even shrimp, is somewhat lost, or covered up, in anything but clarified butter, or perhaps a little mayo, but not so in this recipe (which I'll post tomorrow per Andy M's request).
If I dare say, the taste was truly unbelievably fab !

Someone also said: "Ìn the case of lobster ravioli, at times the sauce itself tastes better to a lot of people than the ravioli" - I can easily agree with that.

And darn - my bad - I didn't remember AGAIN to take a pic - but I sure won't forget next time, which will be soon no doubt.

It looked great, but the taste was even better than it looked.

You won't be disappointed if you try it, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom