Saturday January 25, 2020 What are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Corned beef dinner

corned_beef_012520_IMG_6632.jpg

Tonight's dinner will be broiled country-style pork ribs with a BBQ rub and sauce, mashed potatoes and a veggie.

A humble chicken divan casserole. Which I will be eating for the next 3 or 4 days! :yum: It came out a pretty dish, with its broccoli and red peppers. Also, a salad from my still-producing garden. It's been a milder than normal January here in New Jersey, and I am getting plenty of spinach, mache, upland cress, and still a bit of lettuce also. The red lettuces seem the hardiest.

In a little while, we will be placing an order for Indian food. I can hardly wait. :yum:

We had chicken tikka, lamb rogan gosh, onion bhajis, lamb samosas, roti, and I had some pappadams. Oh my, that was good. It was actually particularly good tonight. Lots of leftovers.
hapydancsmil.gif

lunar new year 2020.jpg

Kung Hei Fat Choi!
Happy (Lunar or Chinese, however you call it) New Year, the Year of the Rat

IMG_5343.jpg

In Hawaii, we always had a Noodle dish for both Lunar and, oh would you call it? American New Year Celebrations … I suppose …
Anywhos, above are the majority of the ingredients for our Noodle Bowls aka Won Ton Mein Deluxe

IMG_5344.jpg

I can't find real Won Ton here "in the middle of the desert",
so I use TJ's Pork Pot Stickers … eh it'll do

IMG_5345.jpg

MMM! :yum:
*belch*
that was delicious!!

Contents:
S&S Saimin
Dashi
Pot Stickers
Homemade Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork
Portuguese Sausage in my bowl only
Baby Bok Choi
Green Onions or Scallions
Wasabi & Aloha Brand Soy Sauce (Shoyu) for dumpling dipping

Mom, Dad and I went on a road trip to Laramie to see my sisters today. We ended up in Cheyenne, just in time for dinner, after some shopping. We stopped at Perkins and we all ate off the 55+ menu. We each had the pork chop dinner with asparagus and broccoli. It was very good and then the two hour drive home.

I'm so glad to see you back {{{Kgirl}} Where ya been Sista?

Sadly, I don't remember who left this video here recently, but thank you and I made this tonight. It was spectacular for our taste, and I'll sure do it again.
I loved the method, not to mention the flavors I would have not thought about. Highly recommended..Yum Yum Yum...:yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64NWREBl68g

Attachments

• P1250047.jpg
    P1250047.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 95
Love Perkins, PF! We try to stop at one whenever we're out of the northeast.

K-Girl!!! So good to see you! We miss you coming around regular like.

I made us some taco salads tonight. So good!
IMG_20200125_214745797.jpg

I volunteered to help staff a table for the Cooperative Extension service at the local Flower & Garden Expo yesterday afternoon, from 4-7 pm. By the time I got home, I was too tired to cook, so we ordered pizza.

I keep forgetting about the Middle Eastern restaurant where we've gotten takeout before. Need to remind DH about it, too. I love the pizza, but the Middle Eastern food is much less fatty and DH is doing great with his weight loss.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to see you back {{{Kgirl}} Where ya been Sista?

Sadly, I don't remember who left this video here recently, but thank you and I made this tonight. It was spectacular for our taste, and I'll sure do it again.
I loved the method, not to mention the flavors I would have not thought about. Highly recommended..Yum Yum Yum...:yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64NWREBl68g
Looks wonderful. Is the actual recipe posted somewhere? I can only find the video.

Looks wonderful. Is the actual recipe posted somewhere? I can only find the video.

Open the video on YouTube and look at the first comment to this video. Someone named David Shafer wrote it down and posted it right there.

To open the video on YouTube, either start the video and click "YouTube" at the bottom right of the video window, or you can click "Share" and then click the URL that pops up in the video window.

Open the video on YouTube and look at the first comment to this video. Someone named David Shafer wrote it down and posted it right there.

To open the video on YouTube, either start the video and click "YouTube" at the bottom right of the video window, or you can click "Share" and then click the URL that pops up in the video window.
Thank you found the comment on YouTube.

Still can't find recipe on FN.

Back
Top Bottom