Saturday, July 26....what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Swedish meatballs. :LOL:

Everything is all mixed together and they smell wonderful already. Just fixin' to get my hands in there and roll into meatballs. :)

What's on everyone's menu? :chef:

Normally, I can't be bothered with stir fries - all that chopping and slicing - life's too short. However, I called at the Co-operative s/market on my way home from the stables and they had small packs of baby corn, sugar snap peas, baby chantenay carrots and fine french beans so I brought some home Had some mushrooms and a courgette in the back of the 'fridge so stir fry it was with some left over sausages and sweet and sour sauce. An odd mixture but tasty.

I got some rib eye's to grill. Baked potato's. A green salad and a watermelon, mint and feta salad. A carrot / pineapple bundt cake with cream cheese glaze.

Pizza here. No mess no clean up. We are packed for our trip to Bush Gardens. Leave early tomorrow morning and back Monday evening. Just a short get-away!

Busy morning. Lazy afternoon. I was finally able to get into the pool. The first time since my hand surgery last month. Oh, did it ever feel great. Very relaxing. So much so that I didn't feel much like cooking. So...

We had 5-cheese frozen pizza, a mess o'tumbled tomatoes, cucumber salad, iced tea and, for dessert, a nice slice of the pina colada cake I made this morning. Tasty and very little clean-up.

Dave, hope you guys have fun times at Busch Gardens. Haven't been there in decades, back when it was "Old Country", but we still remember how much fun the Loch Ness Monster coaster was to ride.

We're having (planned) leftovers: hot dogs, turkey burgers, potato salad and bean salad. Just finished a small bowl of the beans while taking a break from even MORE basement cleaning. I swear elves bring new stuff in at night while I'm trying to sleep.

We're visiting the in-laws. We picked up ribs and barbecued brisket at the Cornwall Ribfest. We had that with crudités. My MIL had made a lemon meringue pie and a chocolate pie, which she made with cocoa instead of chocolate, so I could have some. It was really good.

Back
Top Bottom