Saturday Night Comfort - 12/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Naked Cheeseburgers, Garlic Mash, Onion Gravy, Buttered Corn............

Cheeseburgers, Mash & Onion gravy 12-18-21.jpg

I've got chuck in a crockpot, soon to be burrito meat. I've got a pound of pintos with a pound of mayocoba beans + onions, garlic and jalapenos in another crockpot (but set to stove top mode), soon to be "fat-free refried" beans. I like the "butter" flavor and texture the mayocoba beans add to it, but like to have some pinto flavor too. I've made some salsa too. It will be a comfort meal, for sure! Warm on a cool, rainy evening!

Super simple; 1/8th inch thick sliced ham on buttered, broiled bread slices, with thick strips of melted sharp cheddar. Ham was lightly browned, and cheese was melted in broiler. Bread was dresses with Hellman's Mayo, and French's Mustard. Alpine hot apple juice accompanied the sammy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

i've got chuck in a crockpot, soon to be burrito meat. I've got a pound of pintos with a pound of mayocoba beans + onions, garlic and jalapenos in another crockpot (but set to stove top mode), soon to be "fat-free refried" beans. I like the "butter" flavor and texture the mayocoba beans add to it, but like to have some pinto flavor too. I've made some salsa too. It will be a comfort meal, for sure! Warm on a cool, rainy evening!

IMG_5971 (2).jpg

Saturday we made the rødkål and pickled beets for Solstice supper. By the time that was done, so was I. We ordered from our favourite Greek resto, La Porte Grecque. DH had the oregano chicken platter and I had the souvlaki platter. Both come with a salad, rice pilaf (really tasty pilaf), garlic bread, and roasted potato wedges with avgolemono (egg and lemon sauce). The meal was yummy, as usual.

Oregano chicken platter

2021-12-18 Supper from La Porte Grecque, oregano chicken.jpg

Souvlaki platter

2021-12-18 Supper from La Porte Grecque, souvlaki.jpg

Back
Top Bottom