Saturday night dinner menu! 8/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pensfan

Assistant Cook
So nice to see all these menu ideas here... I had to toss in this one that we are having tomorrow night. For you garlic lovers out there... this is pure heaven! For you single guys/gals, you uh... might want to skip this before a date for a day or two. You will be sweating garlic for two days at least after this one.

Tonight we are hitting a local greak restaurant and going to a movie, so nothing home cooked tonight.

Appetizer: Starting off with a fresh greens salad, nothing too fancy.

Main dish: Chicken with 40 cloves! That's right... 40 cloves of garlic, oven roasted in olive oil with a whole chicken cut into pieces and fresh thyme from the garden.

Sides: whole garlic, pearl onions, and new potatos tossed in olive oil and dried rosemary and roasted until slightly browned.

whole grain bread slices, brushed with garlic infused olive oil from the roasted chicken pan, broiled to lightly brown, and covered in the roasted garlic also from the chicken pan.

and lastly... good old fashioned sweet corn. My wife and daughter can't stand green veggies, so I tend to avoid making them when we have salads. Fighting with the daughter to eat them ins't very fun, and I gave up years ago trying to get the wife to eat green veggies. They are way too picky!

:chef:

I have a 5 hour drive to Pittsburgh ahead of me, and just ate a bit of Pork Fried Rice leftover from last night.

Ill probly snack on something on the road (beef jerkey or pringles)

and plan to down a six pack of Guinness when I arrive, my friends are havin a byob party.

BBQ Mikey said:
I have a 5 hour drive to Pittsburgh ahead of me, and just ate a bit of Pork Fried Rice leftover from last night.

Ill probly snack on something on the road (beef jerkey or pringles)

and plan to down a six pack of Guinness when I arrive, my friends are havin a byob party.

Be respectful of your hosts. Make that a six pack of Iron City!

Caine said:
Be respectful of your hosts. Make that a six pack of Iron City!

haha thattaboy. I like the dark brew tho... IC aint bad, Penn Pilsner Dark is a good one. By the way thats the menu for tonight.

Saturday night Im spending with my parents, brother sister, cousins and grandma and grandpa. Who knows whats on the menu but Im sure it will be italian and primo.

By the way, LETS GO PENS (and STEELERS) here we go!

BBQ Mikey said:
haha thattaboy. I like the dark brew tho... IC aint bad, Penn Pilsner Dark is a good one. By the way thats the menu for tonight.

Saturday night Im spending with my parents, brother sister, cousins and grandma and grandpa. Who knows whats on the menu but Im sure it will be italian and primo.

By the way, LETS GO PENS (and STEELERS) here we go!

oh if only I wasn't allergic to brewsky:shock:

Only one day off for me this weekend. Tomorrow, I am going to staff one of our fire lookout towers for the day. I will be working from 8 am to 7 pm. I hope that I don't find any fires. This is what I did when I first started working for the Forest Service. This is where I will be on Saturday. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and please be Fire Safe!!

Babbitt Peak Lookout.

Babbitt Peak Lookout 2

In this peak the shutters on are off the windows.

Because I am working so late I will be stopping on the way home and grabbing a hamburger at the local hamburger stand.

Last edited:
We`ve been invited to a BBQ by a friend of mine, and other than my homemade BBQ sauce to bring, Someone else is doing all the cooking for ME this time :)

Iam grilling burgers with swiss cheese and green taco sauce, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes/onions and cole slaw. Ice cream for dessert !

DH's uncle is visiting from Arizona and his parents are having there summer cookout. So I'll be eating there. There will most likely be tons of sides and grilled meats such as hamburgers, sausages, hotdogs and who knows what else. So no cooking for mwa.

Today is our regular monthly "date" day and Buck and I will be having a late lunch at a new restaurant. In his never ending search for a good Philly cheese steak, a new restaurant opened in Paducah that boasts the best. Dunno. Here in western Kentucky that seems a little unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

We'll probably just raid the refrigerator for leftovers, probably antipasto salad from last night, when we finally get hungry tonight.

Still hot as the hinges of Hades here, so no cooking tonight...regardless.

I do beleive I shall have my weekly ration of my Mississippi pond raised whiskered friends along with the usual trappings. Somewhere in there I will enjoy my daily ration of bourbon.

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Still early here. Caught a second of RR yesterday. She was making a caesar salad & toasted ravioli. (Didn't watch the whole episode.) I have some leftover gazpacho... hmmm - maybe toasted ravioli and 'spacho.

Everything cooked on the Q tonight cause I'm NOT heating up the kitchen for anyone, anything!

- grill roasted potatoes (with lemon and oregano)
- foil baked broccoli and cauliflower (in Memphis Magic BBQ sauce)
- tilapia fillets with dilly sauce (mayo, sour cream, tons of fresh dill)

For the first time in, well, EVER I suppose, I haven't made a salad!

Dessert is watermelon, lots of watermelon!

G

Checking in from Pittsburgh PA today, man oh man was I hungry for dinner, skipped lunch pretty much I was gaining on lost sleep.

Went out with my brother sister and dad, got a Colossal Cod Sandwhich. It was verrrry tasty. Good ol beer batter and all that jazz.

Tomorrow me and the boys are havin a big shin dig for Fantasy Football Draft Day (in laymans terms, Football Party!) In other words more food than ya can shake a stick at.

im making a good 100 buffalo wings, or perhaps just a buffalo chicken dip.
my brother is gettin hot sausages.
A friend is picking up a local sandwhich called a "Roethlis-Burger" and is getting enough for everyone to split. Hes going to sink about 100 bucks there. Its a local delicacy and the stuff of legend, I have only heard of it, heres some pictures of the "So called RoethlisBurger" who knows which one is authentic...

View attachment untitleds.bmp

a_roethlisburger_195.jpg

View attachment untitledd2.bmp

we like is sloppy in da burg' n 'at

This is what we eat (cooked by me....)

With salad and wine.

Attachments

• 04082007158 - Copy.jpg
    04082007158 - Copy.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 180
  • 04082007156 - Copy.jpg
    04082007156 - Copy.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 207
On Friday, DH was sick of being in the house after putting up ceiling tiles all day (our kitchen is being renovated, and we're doing some of the work), so he wanted to go out to dinner. So the menu I had planned for Friday was moved to Saturday - a starter of caprese salad, then grilled chicken legs with KC BBQ sauce, grilled onions, peppers and zucchini, and grilled corn on the cob that had been soaking in the husks all day. Yummy :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom