Saturday, Nov 1st 2014, Is Anybody Cooking Tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course I did! I haven't taken them off since Glenn gave them to me. Marilyn Monroe may have worn Chanel No. 5 to bed, but I have diamonds.:LOL:

;) Well, in the words of Cooking Goddess, it looks like we have a "Mrs. Got Rocks" amongst us. Enjoy them. You deserve the very best. :angel:

We had dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant, and I had my favorite bento box.

img_1396252_0_b7de0a44846f033d3d4d208d888481a3.jpg

you're killin' me Steve! I miss Japanese food SOOOOOOOOOOO much

I made pizza. My usual flour for the dough is hard ground wheat and I make enough for 2 pies freezing half for another time. This time I reduced the wheat flour by 1/2 cup and added 1/2 cup semolina.
It was OK but for me there wasn't much of a difference. In a couple days I'll try it again.

You don't have Japanese restaurants in Arizona? I find that kind of surprising.

unfortunately, not where we are, in the middle of the desert!
There's a coupla 'sushi asian' restaurants in town, but they are so sucky!!!
we'll just hold out until we make our pilgrimage back to Honolulu, we'll gorge on Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Cantonese mostly there), Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino ... I'll stop now :w00t2:

unfortunately, not where we are, in the middle of the desert!
There's a coupla 'sushi asian' restaurants in town, but they are so sucky!!!
we'll just hold out until we make our pilgrimage back to Honolulu, we'll gorge on Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Cantonese mostly there), Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino ... I'll stop now :w00t2:

I had a girlfriend there that took me to a Chinese restaurant up near the university. We would take the #5 bus. It was where the Chinese went to eat. Jelly jars for your tea, a couple of kitchen tables, one wooden chair had the back missing. No two dishes matched or any of the silverware. And kids in diapers running around. I loved that place. The food was just so dang good. Wish I could remember the name of it. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom