Saturday the 14th dinner thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
am i missing something? i don't see the "what's fer dinner" thread for today, saturday the 14th.

well, i'll start it with 20 or so minutes to go.

we had my family's annual get together at my sister's mansion today (the lucky one who married a wall street guy :ermm:) to celebrate my mom's 86th and my dad's 89th birthdays, and my nephew's recent graduation from marist college. it was a really nice day, and i was thrilled to see one of my sisters who lives far away, and her children, two of which are serving in the military (air force and army). i also got to meet the new wife of the nephew that's in the army, a really sweet girl from virginia. they are currently stationed in oklahoma city and are loving it.

ah, young love.

that'll end soon. :cool:

lol, j/k.

anyway, we ate some good food at my sis's. sausage n peppers, fried chicken, pulled pork, an italian hero, and mac and potato salads, but it was early so i picked up a sushi/sashimi combo on the way into work tonight:

img_1160987_0_98f7557e7cf9cdfe7ba0839c3cc7d1fe.jpg

img_1160987_1_624b0cecc60c2720604442895025b677.jpg

unfortunately, the ambience and atmosphere of where i have to eat it ain't so great:

img_1160987_2_95558f72cbb63b3d4fe4d2aa18566677.jpg

overtime is nice, but boy would i rather be sitting in a nice sushi bar right now.

so, did anyone else eat today?

Sounds like a lovely family meal Tom :)

The young love ending soon...gee you crack me up :ROFLMAO:

The sushi meals look delicious, but yes, the sushi bar would have been a bit nicer LOL

Great food though!

We are not having tea for a few hours yet, it is only 1:50pm here, we have only just had lunch

yeah, i guess it's sunday afternoon in oz already.

we should start the sunday dinner thread soon, before it's monday.

buckytom...OMGosh...that looks amazing! :yum: I love California rolls and the sashimi looks so bright and fresh - I only get to have that loveliness every couple of months or so when I am at my daughter's on the west coast. Great pics - even the one in front of the computer, must make the overtime a bit nicer. :)

Congrats to all your family members who are celebrating so many special occasions. Sounds like a wonderful family get together.

Tonight was a simple pasta dinner - linguine, garlic, basil, and roasted red peppers in a chicken broth base. Topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Tom...you are correct, it is Sunday arvo here
thumb.gif

You know...I was a little confused, as I thought for a minute there it was actually Saturday here too :LOL: I am starting to live in your time zone :ROFLMAO:

buckytom...OMGosh...that looks amazing! :yum: I love California rolls and the sashimi looks so bright and fresh - I only get to have that loveliness every couple of months or so when I am at my daughter's on the west coast. Great pics - even the one in front of the computer, must make the overtime a bit nicer. :)

Congrats to all your family members who are celebrating so many special occasions. Sounds like a wonderful family get together.

thanks very much, cheryl. it was a really nice day, and now those fishies are swimmin' in my belly. :yum:

Tonight was a simple pasta dinner - linguine, garlic, basil, and roasted red peppers in a chicken broth base. Topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Sometimes, I find the simple pastas the best!

Sounds tasty Merstar :yum:

am i missing something? i don't see the "what's fer dinner" thread for today, saturday the 14th.

well, i'll start it with 20 or so minutes to go.

we had my family's annual get together at my sister's mansion today (the lucky one who married a wall street guy :ermm:) to celebrate my mom's 86th and my dad's 89th birthdays, and my nephew's recent graduation from marist college. it was a really nice day, and i was thrilled to see one of my sisters who lives far away, and her children, two of which are serving in the military (air force and army). i also got to meet the new wife of the nephew that's in the army, a really sweet girl from virginia. they are currently stationed in oklahoma city and are loving it.

ah, young love.

that'll end soon. :cool:

lol, j/k.

anyway, we ate some good food at my sis's. sausage n peppers, fried chicken, pulled pork, an italian hero, and mac and potato salads, but it was early so i picked up a sushi/sashimi combo on the way into work tonight:

img_1161092_0_98f7557e7cf9cdfe7ba0839c3cc7d1fe.jpg

img_1161092_1_624b0cecc60c2720604442895025b677.jpg

unfortunately, the ambience and atmosphere of where i have to eat it ain't so great:

img_1161092_2_95558f72cbb63b3d4fe4d2aa18566677.jpg

overtime is nice, but boy would i rather be sitting in a nice sushi bar right now.

so, did anyone else eat today?
so that's toms lair eh? i get the techno stuff matey,but the dewalt:huh:? personally i use floss or toothpicks:LOL:!! the grub looks fab as usual,sounds like you had good day too:)!!

Pork tenderloin stuffed with diced apple, pear, spinach, mushrooms, spices and panko crumbs. Finished on the grill in foil.

Attachments

• stuffed tenderloin 7-15-12.jpg
    stuffed tenderloin 7-15-12.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 150
Thanks. I would have taken a picture of it plated, but by the time I covered the slices with the mushroom/onion gravy I made and added the potato and sugar snap peas... well, it tasted better than it plated. I was in hunger mode. :LOL:

Thanks. I would have taken a picture of it plated, but by the time I covered the slices with the mushroom/onion gravy I made and added the potato and sugar snap peas... well, it tasted better than it plated. I was in hunger mode. :LOL:
now you're just teasing us!! looked at all the pics you've posted.....nice work :chef: pacanis!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom