Saturday, What's on Your Platter Day? 1-7-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We are making Paella with chicken, local lobster and Chaurice.:yum:

It's snowing out so a pot of split pea and smoked ham soup. I may make some garlic croutons from stall Italian bread to float on the soup.

I'm going to use my new pasta machine for the first time tonight to make fettuccine. Dinner will be fettuccine alfredo, grilled chicken cutlets and a veggie.

I was pondering what to fix for dinner tonight when my doorbell rang - it was my sweet neighbor with a Tupperware of her homemade chicken/veggie/noodle soup. Still warm from the stove. :yum: :wub:

We have our quarterly Dinner Club gathering tonight. The theme is French food and I'm on appetizer detail, so I'm bringing escargot, brie with fig jam wrapped in puff pastry, and a charcuterie plate. I have to pair wine with the course, and have lined up sparkling wines from the Loire Valley and Alsace.

img_1494988_0_1a4386c2e6fb056aa4477aafa5d9135a.jpg

We got home from our wonderful Mexican cruise this morning and we're both hungry for plain no pretense food, and not dressing for dinner. Well, we will be wearing comfy "house clothes" because it's chilly today.;)

I'll be oven roasting a nekkid beer butt chicken, and SC will make some glorified salads. Good grub.:yum:

Heading to Steve's for escargot...I'll be there in about 5 hours, Steve, wait for me.

Can't wait to hear about your cruise, Kay!

I have soup up to my eyeballs, so am thinking take-out thin crust pizza. Pepperoni, mushroom and onion.

Steve, it looks like there may be a compound butter, or at least herbs, on the snails. Do you need to peel the foot disc when you make them fresh like that? I've only made smaller Chinese type snails that have the foot.

Welcome home in your pjs, K-L.

Tonight for me is a toss up. Do I eat crappy food from the craft services table again, or do I venture out in search of somethinh decent to eat.

I'm going to use my new pasta machine for the first time tonight to make fettuccine. Dinner will be fettuccine alfredo, grilled chicken cutlets and a veggie.
GF has used hers three times since she got it. It made for great meals. We've used different recipes each time. You'll love it.

I've just gotten home from work and am going to make proschiutto wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella and sage....salads on the side...

ALOHA Y'ALL!!!
So sorry for my absence, but ya know ...
Steve, it'll take us a coupla days to get there ... will dinner hold that long?
I WANT TO JOIN Steve's Dinner Club!!!!

It has been an ARDUOUS few months; our new home is kinda-sorta put together and I have FINALLY finished unpacking all 43 boxes delivered by the movers and have found all of my kitchen toys, YAY!!! :LOL:

As for our "platter", it will be filled with fresh-hand made Pasta, Sweet Italian Sausage, Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Sweet Onions, Garlic (loads of it), EVOO, some butter and White Wine.
Trader Joe's Half Baked Idea mini ciabatta,
and for dessert... I am channeling my "Martha Stewart" today and made her recipe for 'Classic Blueberry Crumb Cake'.
Nothing green ...
:stuart:

Aloha Kgirl! I've been missing you big time but glad you're getting settled!! We need pictures.

I bet it's great to have a full kitchen again and your dinner sounds delish! I bet your landlords are really missing your cooking.

Welcome back to both "K"s! :)

Kayelle, can't wait to hear more about your cruise. I bet it was fantastic! You missed a whole lot of rain here, but more is on the way. I hope you and the SC had some sunny and fun filled days!

Kgirl, good to see you back. I figured you and Mr.K must have been busy moving in. Glad to hear you have all your kitchen toys back again, and I hope you're having fun settling in to your new home!

Last edited:
ALOHA Y'ALL!!!
So sorry for my absence, but ya know ...
Steve, it'll take us a coupla days to get there ... will dinner hold that long?
I WANT TO JOIN Steve's Dinner Club!!!!

It has been an ARDUOUS few months; our new home is kinda-sorta put together and I have FINALLY finished unpacking all 43 boxes delivered by the movers and have found all of my kitchen toys, YAY!!! :LOL:

As for our "platter", it will be filled with fresh-hand made Pasta, Sweet Italian Sausage, Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Sweet Onions, Garlic (loads of it), EVOO, some butter and White Wine.
Trader Joe's Half Baked Idea mini ciabatta,
and for dessert... I am channeling my "Martha Stewart" today and made her recipe for 'Classic Blueberry Crumb Cake'.
Nothing green ...
:stuart:

56875-albums1045-picture6823.jpg

Mahalo everyone

I didn't make the fresh pasta, `cuz it didn't thaw out in time ...

We had ham steaks, squash, baked potatoes, and ta tossed salad. After two episodes of Lilyhammer, the Elders had cheesecake for dessert.

Steve, any chance you have some brie and fig jam left over? :yum:

s&p, your shrimp looks appropriately spicy in the picture.

Roch, you had me at "capers"...

K-Girl! Still putting out colorful meals, I see. I'm just as happy to see you back as you are seeing your appliances in a real kitchen! Much happiness to you and MrK in your new digs.

Kay, you and Sous probably need a vacation to rest up from your vacation. :LOL: Or as least casual clothes and simple home-cookin'.

I made a pot of beef/barley/mushroom soup yesterday to be supper for tonight. Goober had a "parent-free day" (he had previous plans that we weren't interested in joining) and Loverly was working. Himself and I spent the afternoon running through Amish Country, checked in on Loverly in her new job, and went home to heat the soup. Loverly showed up right as the soup was scenting the kitchen - good timing. ;)

CG, we're finally online at the same time....LOL, that doesn't happen often, I've been trying to stick to a fairly early bedtime. :) Beef/barley/mushroom soup sounds so good - once I make a dent in the leftovers and salad produce that needs used up, I want to make up a batch.

Wonderful looking (and sounding) dinners all around tonight, as usual! :yum:

Steve - I've never had escargot, but am more than willing to try it given the opportunity, especially if it looks as good as yours does. :chef:

Last edited:
I have been down with another chest infection so just liquids for me until my grocery order came and I had some mushroom soup about 7 pm. Yes, it is also a liquid but a little more substantial than water and ginger ale.

TB made himself a steak, potato, and raw veggies.

Back
Top Bottom