Saturday's Dinner 4/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Comfort Night in Croydon..........

Deli-Sliced Cajun Turkey Breast on Wheat Toast and Mashed Red Spuds
under Gravy, Steamed Green Beans ... (URP !)

Sandwich, Hot Turkey 4-23-22.jpg

Gosh-golly-darn...! forgot to take the pic!

Well, have enough for a 2nd meal, probably have it Mon. and will try to take one.

It was delish!

Stir fried chicken, bok choy, celery, little mushrooms like enoki but brown, bean sprouts, sprinkeled with cashes and served with Jasmine rice on the side.

Just for the record: a recipe I was 'sorta' following had used raw cashews. Taht was OK but I found them a bit tasteless. Nice crunch and texture for the meal but no real taste, will toast them next time.

Dang, Andy, you have me wishing I had gone ahead and bought a chicken when I shopped yesterday. That looks great!

We had salads (iceberg, arugula, prosciutto, green and black olives, tomatoes, mozzarella, sunflower seeds) followed by Tuscan butter shrimp with Trader Joe's pappadelle.

IMG_20220423_193707577_HDR.jpgIMG_20220423_213558512_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We were going to grill some burgers, since it's the first grill weather on a weekend. By the time each of us had a go at finding the buns in the freezer in the basement, we were too pooped to use the buns that DH eventually found.

So, we ordered from our favourite Greek resto. I had the lamb chops and DH had a chicken brochette. We also ordered a side of dolmades. That was, as expected, a very tasty supper.

My son smoked a brisket rubbed with salt, pepper and garlic, along with short ribs with a very tasty glaze. We also had cheese macaroni shells, french bread, Ceasar's salad, and lime, cool whip, cottage cheese, and pineapple salad. Lemonaide to drink. The meat was tender and juicy, really good stuff.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom