Saturday's Dinner - 7/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Italian Style Sausage & Peppers over Rice...

Sausage & Peppers Italian 7-9-22.jpg

That looks great LT!
We're wrapping up for our Stay-cation starting tomorrow.
We're having the house painted inside and out and are clearing out as we don't want to be in the middle of mayhem.
I'm grilling tonight, more than one dish to take with us to the hotel.
This evening will be Steak Frites and a salad and the take-with is Teriyaki Chicken. I've already bagged up some steamed White Rice and my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever) along with some of my Paniolo (that's Hawaiian for Cowboy) Chili with all the fixin's .

I cooked some brown basmati rice and made a batch of vinaigrette and a salad. We had that and the leftovers of Indian food, tikka chicken, chicken 65, and a bit of roti. I also pulled out a bottle of Toro Loco rosé, a Spanish wine. We thoroughly enjoyed that.

Burger Night! provolone cheeseburger with sliced pickled pepperoncini, genoa salami, mayonnaise, onion and tomato. Delicious!

IMG_0209.jpg

Andy, that sounds like a Romanburger from a NE Ohio sandwich chain called Mr. Hero. They are really good.

I swear we will never run out of leftovers. We had salads, then I had a toasted ham and Truly cheddar cheese sandwich with a couple of jo-jo potatoes. Himself had corn and is still deciding if he wants anything else. Still too full to even think about dessert. IMG_20220709_214422144_HDR.jpg

Made the tofu curry recipe (the one with tomatoes and red pepper) from Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook. I tried it with chickpea tofu. Was ok.

We used the gas fired pizza
a oven to make simple pizzas for everyone. Toppings included sliced mushrooms, marinara, pepperoni, grated mozarella, grated, aged ghouda all on home made thin crust dough. Cook
6 minutes total, turning every 2 minutes for New York style crust,
with crispy, well browned crust rim. Filled the belly, tasted good. Wash down with ice cold lemonade.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Made the tofu curry recipe (the one with tomatoes and red pepper) from Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook. I tried it with chickpea tofu. Was ok.

I don't have that recipe book but the recipes I saw, they were nicely simple recipes, which I like. This one, not the same as yours with tomatoes and red pepper: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2062825
It still looked good.

The chickpea tofu. A friend suggested making tofu with chickpea instead of soybeans. I thought it was good, kind of silky in texture. It's been a while since I made it, I might have to try it again. Thanks for your post reminding me of it.

Dinner: watermelon, peach, greek lemon spinach lentil soup. Oat-fruit cookies.

I made St. Louis style ribs in the Sous Vide. Started them on Thursday night and then finished them on the BBQ last night. Served with choice of BBQ sauces, baked saucy beans and baked potatoes. It was yummy! Forgot to snap a picture.

smileys-thinking-854927.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom