Saturday's Kitchen Comfort - 10/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pot roast, mashed yukon potatoes, steamed baby spinach and au jus pot gravy.

pot_roast_100221_img_8738-jpg.45130

I even made dessert.

Chocolate cake

chocolate_cake_100221_2_img_8734-jpg.45131

We ran some errands today, visited with some of our grandchildren and left them with some Halloween goodies (light-up sticks and a Halloween castle that lit up with rainbow lights), then we headed to one of our favorite sandwich places...Penn Station.

Glenn had a club and I had the classic Italian, both grilled, along with some of their wonderful French fries and 2 drinks. We also ordered 2 just freshly-made cookies.

Well, we ate our sammies and nearly all of the fries, but the cookies came home with us.

We were so full, the cookies were our evening meal.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Great day!!

We three were talking about an article that we read,
Bacon is at an all time high price per pound,
the highest its been for something like 40 years.
My Mother made mention the other day that she just
adores a BLT, but never orders it when we go out...
"Have you seen how much they want for a sandwich?"
:idea:
So that's what I made for dinner this evening

IMG_0941.jpg

I made AF Sweet Potato Fries for Mom and regular for DH & I.

I made a batch of chicken barley soup...or stew. I think this version was more like a stoup! Anyway, it's delicious. One of our favorites. Plenty leftover in case I bail out of cooking tomorrow.

IMG_20211002_230730508.jpg

The kitchen was a mess, so I cleaned up enough to cook. Haha. I was too pooped to cook. So, I pulled a store bought tourtière out of the freezer and made gravy. DH nuked the rest of the potatoes from yesterday and some of the rødkål (Danish red cabbage). That really hit the spot.

Pork tourtière, rødkål, and potatoes.jpg Pork tourtière, rødkål, potatoes, and gravy.jpg

The kitchen was a mess, so I cleaned up enough to cook. Haha. I was too pooped to cook. So, I pulled a store bought tourtière out of the freezer and made gravy. DH nuked the rest of the potatoes from yesterday and some of the rødkål (Danish red cabbage). That really hit the spot.

View attachment 49109 View attachment 49110

I learned to make tourtieres from my mother; only she called them meat pies. Me, I just call them yummy, whether served with gravy, or ketchup.

I have no pictures, but my son smoked back pork ribs, very meaty ones, to perfection, tender, juicier, with a spicy dry rub. With it we had rotini noodles with cheese sauce, corn on the cob, and fresh biscuits and whipped honey. Desert was more cheesecake for me, while the rest of the crew had Tillamook Vanilla Bean ice cream,. with caramel sauce. It was all very tasty.:yum:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We went out to dinner!! Something we don't do often. I'm pretty sure the last time we went out for dinner (other than a club meeting dinner) was 2 years ago, while camped here for the dog show. We went to the Texas Roadhouse with our camping buddies. I had prime rib, baked potato and salad. Along with a glass of Mirrasou Pinot Noir. DH had the 20 oz, bone-in Rib Eye, same sides with a Michelob Ultra. Others tried the Porterhouse, the filet medallions with shrimp skewers and the kid had the ribs and like every single roll the rest of us couldn't eat! No pictures, but the food was yummy. The music too loud and the crowd large.

Back
Top Bottom