Saturday's Supper 3/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Effort ;
Split Pork Loin Cutlet Parmigiana, Penne,Garlic Marinara Sauce, Steamed Green Beans, Salad Under Italian Vinaigrette ....

Pork loin Parm.jpg

Pina colada wings, homemade chips and slaw. The wings came out REALLY good. We'll definitely be making these again.

Attachments

• 2020-03-14 18.48.03.jpg
    2020-03-14 18.48.03.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 91
Wife’s sister over tonight. Doing a chocolate mini cake dessert with choc covered strawberry topping. Early on in the process.

IMG_4269.jpg

We ran almost completely out of spoons, so we ordered Pizza. It was really good. Sometimes the pizza from Luna Pizzeria is only good, sometimes it's really good, like tonight.

Tonight I made a creole style dish, like jambalaya, without the shrimp, but some okra added. I had 2 sort of old bell peppers I had to use, about 2 cups of crushed canned tomatoes left from another dish, and a ham steak. I was going to use a pint of frozen okra plus some rehydrated eggplant, but instead, I used 2 pints of okra - something I have a good amount of to use up! I used half parboiled basmati, and half whole oats, instead of all rice, and added a little white wine - something in my favorite jambalaya recipe.
Onions, peppers, and garlic, to start the dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Okra added to the sauté. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ham and tomatoes added, before adding liquid, rice, and whole oats. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dish, after cooking rice and oats. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Chocolate cake for dinner would work for me, Gimme!

I did a grocery run today. Not till afternoon, since I figured what I would shop for wasn't what other people would be grabbing. (We always have at least one unopened large pack of TP on hand at all times. Silly us.) I was expecting a busy store and long lines, so I took a magazine to read. I practically had the entire two stores to myself! Still planned an easy supper - we had fried bologna sandwiches on marble rye bread. We'll snack on fruit the rest of the night.

Chocolate cake for dinner would work for me, Gimme!

I did a grocery run today. Not till afternoon, since I figured what I would shop for wasn't what other people would be grabbing. (We always have at least one unopened large pack of TP on hand at all times. Silly us.) I was expecting a busy store and long lines, so I took a magazine to read. I practically had the entire two stores to myself! Still planned an easy supper - we had fried bologna sandwiches on marble rye bread. We'll snack on fruit the rest of the night.

Cake came out good. I just have the fridge stuffed for next couple weeks so cooling cake in their not possible. Makes things a bit more runny no matter what I try to cool down. Same thing happened on my chocolate cake the other day. The buttercream just turned into sludge shorty after putting on. The cake tasted awesome but presentation was horrible. Didn’t help that I used to different sized pans also lol. Frosting was a nightmare. Bought 2 identical 6” pans to test next time and make cupcakes with rest of batter.
IMG_4153.jpgIMG_4152.jpg

Gimme, I have room in my fridge if you need to cool another cake.

When I have too much stuff for the fridge, I take an old juice bottle from the freezer (I keep bottles in the freezer to fill up empty spots) and put it into a cooler. Then I can store my sturdy veggies in it. Things like carrots and cabbage can stay in a cold cooler for a long time.

Gimme, I have room in my fridge if you need to cool another cake.

When I have too much stuff for the fridge, I take an old juice bottle from the freezer (I keep bottles in the freezer to fill up empty spots) and put it into a cooler. Then I can store my sturdy veggies in it. Things like carrots and cabbage can stay in a cold cooler for a long time.

No empty spot here. Totally full for hunkering down a couple weeks with virus.
Thinking about getting extra small fridge long term though. I want to cure homemade sausage sometimes and can use it to cool cakes other times :)

I would take you up on your offer except somehow I don’t think there would be much left by the time I got it back cooled :)

Back
Top Bottom