Seems No One Is Cooking Today, 1-17-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I am craving pasta. So I am going to make spaghetti and have it plain. Just butter and parmesan cheese. I also have some French bread I will probably turn into garlic bread.

I cooked breakfast this morning...since it doesn't look like the dinner fairy is going to stop by, I guess I'll have to fix some taters and ham. Boiled baby yellow taters and a slice of ham with asparagus.

I wish you LUCK on your experiment!
Here was my experiment today, Parmesan Herb Star Bread.
10157217_977289248975568_6189374058338295837_n.jpg

Not cooking, but, baking.
BEAUTIFUL! Please post recipe and post link to your recipe here (and/or PM to me pretty please) so I can find it.

Mini meatloaves (Sriracha ketchup added to meat mixture) glazed (ketchup and brown sugar) with gravy, mashed taters with shredded cheddar and steamed carrots.

Sriracha ketchup (nice and spicy, so glad I picked it up)

img_1451691_0_8bb50cb3dfdf55b3f55f336a4370fb1e.jpg

Mashed tatters before baking

img_1451691_1_1bff32e9b0206fc50e2e7aaf573555fe.jpg

Dinner served

img_1451691_2_ab38205f6e61813f9e8bc75c3cf4d760.jpg

msmofet, I must find those little kettles, they are beyond cute!

I used this recipe: food52.com/recipes/39536-cheese-and-herb-star-bread#comments
With the following changes.
Use 1/3 cup potato flakes instead of 1/4 cup potato flour
Skip the egg wash between the layers but use it on the top.
Use Parmesan cheese instead of Pecorino.
Don't let it rise before you assemble it, instead add 1 t baking powder to the dough, and you get a fast rise and you still get the yeast flavor.
After assembling let it rise for 45 minutes, bake at 350 degrees F instead of 400 degrees, for 25 minutes instead of 15.
I'm looking forward to trying it with different fillings.

Looks delicious, MsM, and I too LOVE those little mini casseroles/kettles/ramekins. LOL, not sure what to call them but they are adorable!

What gorgeous dinners tonight!

We got pizza from Happy Joe's. They have a new cracker crust, and may I tell you, it's really good!

Thank you.
DD gave me two sets of two for Christmas. Go to Amazon and search Cuisinart mini Dutch ovens.

Aww, they have little lids, too! Thank you for the link, MsM, I must order those. :)

You're welcome. I made mini Yorkshire puddings in them on Christmas to go with my eye round roast and burgundy gravy.

I can't wait to make French onion soup in them.

Yum People-- Looking good!

I re-heated chili and served over smashed potatoes. Accidentally opened a bag of York peppermint patties miniatures I bought for the movies we didn't see this week. Had a "few" during the 1st football game today, and a "few" more after dinner-- well they are little.

You're welcome. I made mini Yorkshire puddings in them on Christmas to go with my eye round roast and burgundy gravy.

I can't wait to make French onion soup in them.

They are so cute :) They remind me of the mini enameled cast iron Dutch ovens from Le Creuset. I ordered a pork chop dish in a restaurant once that was served with mac and cheese in one. That would be perfect in your little dishes, too.

Just some gringo tacos. Hamburger type. I have one of those wire rack taco shell holders and put half a toothpick in each taco one to keep them from collapsing while heating. I make 5 of them for myself. Pace Picante sauce (hot), grated cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes.

Last edited:
msmofet, I must find those little kettles, they are beyond cute!

I used this recipe: food52.com/recipes/39536-cheese-and-herb-star-bread#comments
With the following changes.
Use 1/3 cup potato flakes instead of 1/4 cup potato flour
Skip the egg wash between the layers but use it on the top.
Use Parmesan cheese instead of Pecorino.
Don't let it rise before you assemble it, instead add 1 t baking powder to the dough, and you get a fast rise and you still get the yeast flavor.
After assembling let it rise for 45 minutes, bake at 350 degrees F instead of 400 degrees, for 25 minutes instead of 15.
I'm looking forward to trying it with different fillings.

1 t baking powder
Is that 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon of baking powder?

Good looking meals. And msmofet, I think those mini dutch ovens are adorable. Sadly, I have Corning French White ramekins about the same size and it would be hard for me to justify another kitchen something. Still.....

By the time I was done doing food prep for tomorrow night's supper I was ready to make a quick supper tonight. Small salads, then Naan pizzas. I used up some ricotta from a previous time and made a white sauce for mine. I think I like jarred Alfredo sauce better, but this was good enough in a pinch.

Attachments

• 2016-01-17 21.16.46.jpg
    2016-01-17 21.16.46.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 2016-01-17 21.16.40.jpg
    2016-01-17 21.16.40.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 139
Had some left over parsnip/potato puree to use up. Not enough for two so I made a carrot puree with brown sugar and brandy. Threw together pan sauteed chicken thighs with red bell, sliced onion and sliced portobellos. Added a roasted garlic, chicken stock and cream sauce the last 5 minutes of cooking. The flour/spice coating I used very lightly to brown the chicken thighs thickened the sauce slightly. Karen thought it was a little too thin. Next time I'll use a thickener.

Back
Top Bottom