So imagine you could put your own food business...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
choclatechef said:
Bangbang said:
I would open up a soup kitchen and shelter for the homeless serving soulfood....I mean good Soul Food.

Fried Chicken
Gravy
Pork Chops
Greens
Gumbo
Liver and Onions
Cornbread
Corn
Fried Fish
Fried Okra
Fried Cabbage

See, I knew you was a sweetie Bang!

Hey! Don't tell nobody....it will ruin my image.

I would open a restaurant in downtown Eugene and hire a manager I could trust. The menu would be limited and change daily depending upon the fresh vegies, meat and fish available. Would be open for breakfast and lunch M-F. Dinner only on Fri and Sat, and Champagne Brunch only on Sundays. The menus would be decided upon by the chefs, manager, myself and the servers based on comments from their customers. Would have one or more international selections each day. I would support other local businesses by using local bakeries for bread and desserts; local farmers for produce, and meat, foul and fish from the locals. I may name it Valhallah (old Norsk meaning heaven).

DampCharcoal said:
I like the idea of a bed n breakfast. There's a brick Inn in my hometown that dates from early 1800s and was a stop on the Underground Railroad and still has the old hitching posts out front. Right now, the first floor is used by an insurance agency and the second and third floor are used for storage. A moderately price menu and comfortable surroundings with plenty of antique furniture, paintings, etc. would fit the bill nicely. If that doesn't work out, I'll just hang out at MJ's restaurant!

DC, you must have read my mind! I would love to have a B&B! :D

There is a small town in Potter County Pa called Austin. There's a building for sale and i would convert that to a Bed & Breakfast, catering to the needs of hunters and fishermen. I'd live there and construct my daily menues....and pack luches for the 12 (?) guests I have from spring through deer season - then off to Florida and back again for the Hunting/fishing season.

Hey, Crewsk! If I could have a B&B it would be a lot like this place: www.buxtoninn.com I absolutely love this place and it's only about 15 minutes away from here. It's a bit on the pricey side but I still go there all the time! 8)

Because I live in such a small town, I have actually put some thought into this one. I'd start up a .... gasp! ... Japanese steak house. Dubuque even doesn't have one. I have an ulterior motive here. A Japanese steak house would probably go over well with the locals as a party destination. BUT (and here's the ulterior motive) we could have sashimi, sushi, tempura, etc, in the tourist months when you can gamble a little (all those Chicagoans in town). It amazes me that Dubuque doesn't have a Japanese steak house as it is, so Galena could really get something going. Anyone with the bucks, come on out.

Bangbang said:
choclatechef said:
Bangbang said:
I would open up a soup kitchen and shelter for the homeless serving soulfood....I mean good Soul Food.

Fried Chicken
Gravy
Pork Chops
Greens
Gumbo
Liver and Onions
Cornbread
Corn
Fried Fish
Fried Okra
Fried Cabbage

See, I knew you was a sweetie Bang!

Hey! Don't tell nobody....it will ruin my image.

:LOL: I won't say a word Bang! :LOL:

There's a wonderful little town close by here that appeals to tourists and day trippers. There's a spring-fed lake in the middle that is always busy with fly fisherman and families feeding ducks, people strolling, etc. Around the lake are beautiful, old victorian homes. There is a tiny one that's always appealed to me that I'd convert into a bakery and soup and sandwich shop. People could sit outside along the lake or enjoy the view from inside.

I'd open a bakery, with emphasis on artisanal breads, also rolls, brioche, that kind of thing, and a lesser line in pastries, maybe packaged coffees. I'd keep the door propped open, so the heavenly aroma of baking bread would envelope the street and drive the population mad.

That's the fantasy. In reality I'd probably have to flog junk like KK-style donuts and cupcakes, to keep the doors open.

Cats

DampCharcoal said:
Hey, Crewsk! If I could have a B&B it would be a lot like this place: www.buxtoninn.com I absolutely love this place and it's only about 15 minutes away from here. It's a bit on the pricey side but I still go there all the time! 8)

That's beautiful DC!! I'll have to post a link to the one hubby took me to for our anniversary last year.

wasabi said:
The biggest and the best Starbucks franchise.

Non franchise man... except for the ones that are "partnered' with certain airports and barns and nobles that is.

I worked at the bucks for a year. Otherwise it would be great money, you wouldent belive our daily intake and the nice margins we made.

i would open a small southern italian style restaurant, with only about 10 tables or so, a copper bar that's in front of the open european style kitchen, so that the patrons can converse with you as you prepare their meal. i would have only a few items on the menu each night, depending on what was the best ingredients that i could pick up that morning.

there is a plance kinda like this near my house, and is next to impossible to get in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom