Something neat for the west coasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppinfresh

Senior Cook
There's a place called "Dinner's Ready!" that opened a franchise out here a few weeks ago (apparently they're kinda scattered around the west coast). It's kind of like Papa Murphy's on crack.

Basically the concept of this place is they have 16 different meals every month. You go onto their site (dinnersready.com) and pick out which ones ya want a couple days in advance and place your order. Ya go to THEIR place with these fully stocked assembly areas that have all the stuff you need to make these dishes, trash their kitchen putting it all together, box em up, stick a cooking instructions label on the outside of it and leave with em. They do all the prep work, the sauce creation (and most importantly, the cleanup) for you, have creation instructions based on the measurements of the utensils (ex. "add 1 ladle of the chicken stock"), etc. So basically, you spend a couple hours there putting together all these things, and you end up leaving with meals for the next month.

Anyhow, the lady of the house and I tried it over the weekend. Came away much impressed. Good ingredients all around, place was clean enough to eat off the floor, someone cleaning up after right after you were finished with something...and the food is awfully **** tasty from what we've had so far. Best part is it came out to less than 300 bucks for basically 32 meals for 2 w/ some leftovers (the meals are serving for 6 normally or you split em into 2 3 serving deals if you're a smaller unit like we are). I've never calculated what I usually spend on food every month for the 2 of us, but I'm sure it's a **** of a lot more than that. And best part is my kitchen isn't trashed :).

Anyways, thought I'd mention it for others on the west coast. Might wanna check em out. It was actually quite a bit of fun.

There's one right next to the Starbucks we go to every weekend... I'm semi- tempted to try to get a job there.(very very semi!! lol) It always looks like the people inside are having fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom