something odd that you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't freak out but I love original Doritos and the dip is large curd plain cottage cheese. I make waffles and eat them with sourcream and lingonberry or cloudberry jam and the next day eat them cold with gjetøst and butter. Not weird to me but most people freak out with the cold waffle idea.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

While trying to remain open-minded, I am a little nervous. What exactly is gjetost (forgive the lack of norse characters, please)?????

Audeo said:
While trying to remain open-minded, I am a little nervous. What exactly is gjetost (forgive the lack of norse characters, please)?????

Audeo, if you want hold down the ALT key and on the numeric keypad hit 0248 for the ø. Gjetøst is Norwegian goat cheese which is carmelized. It is the color of peanut butter and has a somewhat sweet pungent flavor. I find it in the supermarket in a red box named Ski Queen. This is half mixed with cows milk and not as strong as the original.

Ok..take tow slices of white bread and toast them.....spread with mayo..and then add a handfull of crushed potato chips and some chopped onion. Yummy!

mudbug said:
yeah, and we can spit watermelon seeds at those barbarians who don't agree with us
LOL How funny--my email name is Barbarian57, and I live in the (one of many) watermelon capital of the world. :)
Someone said they like ricotta but hate cottage cheese. I love cottage cheese and hate ricotta!

:) Barbara

Bangbang said:
Ok..take to slices of white bread and toast them.....spread with mayo..and then add a handfull of crushed potato chips and some chopped onion. Yummy!

I do that (without onion) and add bologna!
My son takes potato chips and puts ketchup on the chips. He says it tastes like french fries! It really does :!:

MJ said:
Bangbang said:
Ok..take to slices of white bread and toast them.....spread with mayo..and then add a handfull of crushed potato chips and some chopped onion. Yummy!

I do that (without onion) and add bologna!
My son takes potato chips and puts ketchup on the chips. He says it tastes like french fries! It really does :!:

I never thought of that. I am runnin to the store now to get some chips.

Compared to the rest of you, nothing I eat deserves mention, but what really weirds me out is when young kids eat that white Elmer's glue - yuk!

homemade Playdough:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 T oil
1 t cream of tartar
1 cup water
food coloring

Mix ingredients, heat over medium heat until mixture reaches mashed potato consistency. Knead. Provide to small children.

Playful Peanut Butter Dough

1/2 larg sized jar creamy peanut butter
2Tbsp. honey
2C. powbered milk
raisins
mini marshmallows

Mix peanut butter, honey, & 3/4 of the powbered milk in a bowl. Mix with your hands. Add more powdered milk until the doughy feels soft & playful. Use like play dough & add raisins & marshmallows for docorations. Eat your creations!

crewsk said:
Playful Peanut Butter Dough

1/2 larg sized jar creamy peanut butter
2Tbsp. honey
2C. powbered milk
raisins
mini marshmallows

Mix peanut butter, honey, & 3/4 of the powbered milk in a bowl. Mix with your hands. Add more powdered milk until the doughy feels soft & playful. Use like play dough & add raisins & marshmallows for docorations. Eat your creations!

Thanks, crewsk. This will be perfect for my daughter to take with her on her babysitting gigs.

Back
Top Bottom