Something's fishy in the Kitchen 10/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Little Necks on the Half Shell with Shrimp Squatters, Spaghetti with Mussels & Clams, Surimi Salad...

Clam & Shrimp Appetizer.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

Pasta with Mussels & Clams.jpg

A kinda ugly day outside so, laziness prevailed.

Scrambled eggs, hash browns and biscuits.

Dessert later will be warm apple strudel w/ice cream

Ross

My friend that helped me eat those dumplings yesterday, later told me that he was so filled up from those, all he had for dinner was a salad. I asked him what kind of salad, and he said "You know...a salad!" I said that I knew that he didn't make one of those lentil salads (something they wouldn't even have the ingredients for), as that stuffs him even more, when I see him eat that! Just the mention of that salad got me thinking about it, so today I made probably the last batch of the season, with over 4 cups of halved cherry and grape tomatoes. There are still about as many, in various stages of ripeness, and the 2 grape tomato plants are still producing, so I'll see what I make with those.
Last lentil salad of the season, probably. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We ordered Indian food from Sahib, our favourite Indian resto. We had onion bhajis, lamb dhansak, malai kofta, tarka daal, roti, and papadums for me. I nuked some brown basmati rice from the freezer. I had beer with that. DH didn't, since he is having a gout flare. That's why only one dish has meat (Lamb is fairly low in purine, which is what aggravates gout.) and he only had a little bit of that. That was a delicious supper.

Leftover street tacos from Wednesday night with a side of Spanish Rice. Homemade tortillas did not reheat as well as we had hoped. Maybe there is a trick to it. :glare:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom