Spare Ribs and Sauerkraut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungry

Senior Cook
Tonight I fixed one of my favorite meals!
Spare Ribs and Sauerkraut
Brown off the country style spareribs, seasoned with salt and pepper, in a presure cooker. Important to get the flavor up.

Deglaze the pot with water, I guess you could use other liquid but, I don't know what it would do to the flavor of the ribs. Save this deglazing liquid.

Arrange the ribs on the metal anti scorching disc. (I don't have the name of it off hand) Place quartered potatoes around the ribs, on top of that add the Sauerkraut. Pour the deglazing liquid over the "kraut" and potatoes, add 3/4 cup of water.
Place the lid with the pressure regulator on the pot and cook 15 minutes with the pressure gauge rocking gently.
Let the pressure drop normally.

Enjoy,

I love this dish also, only I just place the ribs in the baking dish and then the saurkraut on the top. Salt & pepper little chopped garlic and onions cover.
I also at time add cut up carrots and potatoes and at time a somes tomato juice.

I love spare ribs and kraut. My mom did hers the same way you do, Hungry, except she did them in the electric skillet. She'd put them on in the morning before she went to school (teacher), and they'd be tender by noon, when they ate their main meal. (Dad worked second shift)

Constance said:
I love spare ribs and kraut. My mom did hers the same way you do, Hungry, except she did them in the electric skillet. She'd put them on in the morning before she went to school (teacher), and they'd be tender by noon, when they ate their main meal. (Dad worked second shift)
My Mom did them like your Mom, Constance and ( I do too). I think the longer the kraut cooks the better it is, w/ a little caraway seed added. Yum !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom