Special 4/30 - Fisherman's Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Fisherman's Stew - Tristan Lobster Tail, Scallops, Shrimp, and Snapper
Lobster -Tomato Nage, Garlic-Herb Crostini, Saffron-Ginger Rice Pilaf

$34.00

Attachments

• seafoodstew1.jpg
    seafoodstew1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 427
Looks amazing, as always, IC... :)

I went out for supper tonight and had fisherman's stew along w/ herb pilaf and steamed veg - yum! Small world though, hey?

grumblebee said:
Looks amazing, as always, IC... :)

I went out for supper tonight and had fisherman's stew along w/ herb pilaf and steamed veg - yum! Small world though, hey?

That is pretty ironic. What kinds of seafood did they have in their dish and what was the base of their stew?

It was a Basque-style tomatoey/garlicy base - really quite tasty. I think there was some sweet pepper in it as well... I could taste a hint of it but there were no solid pieces. (maybe they pureed some and added it?)

The seafoods in it were scallops, mussels, (chilean?) seabass and lobster claws and meat.

I had it at one of my favourite local seafood restaurants - Boyd's. They make some of the best seafood dishes I've ever had. It's where I first had bouillabaisse and fell in love with it! (this fisherman's stew was similar but without the saffron/wine broth and different seafoods)

grumblebee said:
It was a Basque-style tomatoey/garlicy base - really quite tasty. I think there was some sweet pepper in it as well... I could taste a hint of it but there were no solid pieces. (maybe they pureed some and added it?)

That's definitely possible. That's how I infused the tomato in my "broth". I pureed San Marzano tomatoes then pressed it through a chinois lined with cheesecloth, and combined it with lobster stock, a sachet with thyme, garlic, bay leaves, coriander, and peppercorns; heavy cream, coconut milk, and various aromatics: leeks, mushroom scaps, onion, carrots, celery, and fennel.

Back
Top Bottom