Strangest food you ever ate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ate frog legs, did not like them and I did not think they tasted like chicken; ate rabbit as a kid until I saw my father skinning one, not touched one since and they as well do not taste like chicken but I did like them then; lobster until someone brought onen to the table live to see if it was large enough for my appetite, never ate one again; have eaten blue points on the half shell which were not too bad with the sauce and you really could not chew them, they just sort of slid down; escargo which tasted like eberhard erasers with garlic sauce; unknowingly ate calamari and almost hurled on the table when I found out what it was; however, I loved reindeer, tasted rather like beef (not venison which I do not like); and roasted whale which was much like a lean pork loin. Plus all of the unknown protein that is hidden either purposefully or accidentally in our food and drink. I guess that is why I drink wine, no bugs in it. I hope I did not forget any of the oddities.

My big brother made me eat a dog-food sandwich when I was a kid. Dogfood doesn't taste to good :|

LOL, MJ! We have a high school kid that works at the course part-time and we call him 'Biscuits' because his dad told us that he used to eat dog biscuits when he was a kid! :LOL:

MJ said:
My big brother made me eat a dog-food sandwich when I was a kid. Dogfood doesn't taste to good :|

It does not smell good either, I am surprised you were able to swallow. Are you and your brother close now?

norgeskog said:
It does not smell good either, I am surprised you were able to swallow. Are you and your brother close now?
Yes. We both grew up a bit.

DampCharcoal said:
Did you ever beat the @#$% out of him?
No. He still holds a few records at our high school for wrestling after 30 years.

frog legs- i love 'em and buy them frozen at the store,
alligator, liked that, but can't find it in the store,
caviar, loved it,
raw oysters, my favorite food,
carpaccio (raw pounded-out tenderloin), loved it
sushi and sashimi, 2 of my favorites
rabbit, the best stew i've had in my life, and mind you, i was 4 then
pig's feet- blech

MJ ya poor guy! Lets get back at him! Make a sandwich with some beef stew, and then tell him after he ate it that its dog food! Its safe AND funny! :D

What do ya think?

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
MJ ya poor guy! Lets get back at him! Make a sandwich with some beef stew, and then tell him after he ate it that its dog food! Its safe AND funny! :D

What do ya think?
Thats a good idea Sushi!!

Used to order escargot, but they are sort of an acquired taste, and cost a fortune...since they weren't doing much for me, I backed off, and since I moved East, and find the horrible little creatures in the garden, have declined to eat any more...

I have unknowingly eaten things in Greek restaurants that I would sooner have not been told exactly what I just consumed, "Greek Delicacy" or not...and expect that I am living in a happy life where I don't necessarily know whats in the Chinese Food...

Okay, the "weird ones"?

(Seal) "flipper pie" (sort of like really greasy, loose muscled pork)

"Fiddleheads"...(a type of east coast Artic fern...don't try this!)

Musk-ox, caribou, moose, antelope, deer, bear, all of which taste just fine, provided you know the characteristics of the meat and have an appreciation how to cook it...

Just about every bird you could ever hunt, done just about every way you could cook it...

Cactus, dandelions, pigweed (heads only!)

Headcheese (if you can recall or dig back to my "recipe")

Fish "tongues" and "cheeks" (get a big enough fish, the "cheeks" are the very best part!)

And I'd eat it all again, given I never had to "remember" the Army "LRRP's (Long Range Ration Packs) that were dehydrated whatevers, where you added water, and used "body heat" to "cook" it...British Army field rations, or the US Army's "stuff" ...or the Cdn Army RP4's that were older than I was...

Lifter

pdswife1 said:
This sounds great! Thanks for posting the recipe.

I've never seen snails for sale thought.. Might just have to take a trip to France to pick up a few dozen. Any one want to join me?

I am up to it if you pay. :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom