Sunday, 1/30/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stuffed pork loin chops with sweet potatoes and brocolli. But I'm still trying to decide if I want to do augratin potatoes instead of the sweet.

Now that my toothache is in full swing, I have to prepare foods that won't require a lot of chewing.

I've decided to go ahead and make a quiche, but I'll have to make it soft so: Swiss cheese, spinach, cream cheese. I'll make up a recipe card as I go, starting now, so I won't forget the Nutmeg.

I wonder if I could use buttermilk instead of regular milk? Has anyone tried it?:chef:
so sorry you have a toothache. are you going to dentist? i have dentures so that doesn't happen anymore. :)

leftover tuna casserole. it has peas in it for green veggie. so i'm thinking acorn squash for the yellow one. maybe cornbread muffins, if i get them made. still putting groceries away from monthly delivery. got several kinds of ice cream treats. one will be dessert.

so sorry you have a toothache. are you going to dentist? i have dentures so that doesn't happen anymore. :)

NO! This is caused by osteoporosis. If he/she tried to pull it, it could easily break my jaw. NO, thanks. I've just got to ride it out until I can wiggle the tooth free. I've had to do this before. I'm really hating getting old.:furious:

i'd get onto an antiobiotic if the doc would write a prescription 4 one, zhizara

Last edited:
Country-style pork ribs cooked with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and peas. Yep, I'm back on meat and regular food! :shock:

:)Barbara

i get so cranky sans food! how was your fast~
It went great. I didn't have to go without food at all. I could eat all I wanted. I just had to limit it to vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, and water. No sugar or artificial sweeteners, no chemical additives of any kind, no dairy, meat, or leavening of any kind. I could use olive oil and canola oil, salt, pepper, and any spices (as long as they didn't have preservatives). I lost 17 pounds and never really felt hungry (a little at first). Yes, it gets a little boring, but it wasn't about the food so much. It was about learning discipline and cleaning out the body. I can't go too much into it here (because it is religious based), but it was equally about the body, soul, and spirit. I'm glad I did it, but I'm also glad it is over. I learned a lot, and I will adjust some of my eating habits.

:)Barbara

NO! This is caused by osteoporosis. If he/she tried to pull it, it could easily break my jaw. NO, thanks. I've just got to ride it out until I can wiggle the tooth free. I've had to do this before. I'm really hating getting old.:furious:
AWWWWWWWWW I am so sorry for this.

My girls think I am crackers because I am here with tears running down my cheeks.

I hope you feel better soon Z!!

XOXOXOXOXO

I have been busy for most of the day and here are the rewards.

Browned Meatballs

img_964714_0_a06da6d2ea93ccbcafaf5e915a3fa699.jpg

Browned Braciole

img_964714_1_020d4f83095bc185606d915481f54280.jpg

Meatballs, Braciole & sausage simmered in sauce

img_964714_2_59aed77a0d661ca8632086c42634968d.jpg

Rigatoni topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses, sausage, and homemade Braciole & meatballs, salad and garlic bread.

img_964714_3_6fb9a10fc8c7be82c7ea2583fc6652ed.jpg

I have been busy for most of the day and here are the rewards.

Browned Meatballs

img_964722_0_a06da6d2ea93ccbcafaf5e915a3fa699.jpg

Browned Braciole

img_964722_1_020d4f83095bc185606d915481f54280.jpg

Meatballs, Braciole & sausage simmered in sauce

img_964722_2_59aed77a0d661ca8632086c42634968d.jpg

Rigatoni topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses, sausage, and homemade Braciole & meatballs, salad and garlic bread.

img_964722_3_6fb9a10fc8c7be82c7ea2583fc6652ed.jpg

Amazing! It all looks WONDERFUL!

Back
Top Bottom