Sunday, 4/24/2016, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, are we some good cooks. If we lived closer together we could start our own restaurant. :ermm: Wouldn't THAT be something! :LOL:

The verdict on our dinner tonight was "delicious". In spite of mixing a very generous amount of the Tajin into the melted butter, Himself and I didn't taste a lot of flavor. Sprinkled more onto the shrimp and that made a difference. :yum: I see a ride down to Aldi's this week - the one jar we picked up was in the middle aisle where they put their non-regular stock. I need more before it's all sold out.

Ended up making the beans with buttered almonds rather than searing them in bacon fat. I needed the second big burner to saute zucchini I found in the veggie bin.

The greens were tossed with homemade orange vinaigrette and poppy seeds, then topped with orange, strawberries, avocado, and candied pecans. I guess when I do "fancy" I have to go all the way.

Sorry I wasn't more specific about the grilled shrimp CG. I brushed them generously with melted butter, then heavily seasoned them with Tajin and just fire grilled the lill darlings.:yum:

I tried making a tartiflette (I think that's how it's spelled) the other day and finished that off for lunch. I have to say, I wasn't impressed it. But tonight I'm just having a plain old hamburger, not even with a bun. Just with a layer of ketchup on it.

Audio problems? I'm thinking it's more like you'd rather nosh on that beautiful roll-up rather than talk about it. :LOL: Looks delish!

Impossible to talk with my mouth full is an audio problem! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Actually I was using my new osmo camera, first time in the field. Did not bring any other sound equipment. The mic on the osmo is garbage! But I do plan to use it more in the field, just have to bring a mic and plug in.

Sorry I wasn't more specific about the grilled shrimp CG. I brushed them generously with melted butter, then heavily seasoned them with Tajin and just fire grilled the lill darlings.:yum:
That's how I'll season them next time. It looked like enough had been mixed with the butter. :neutral:

I grilled ours on my Lodge CI grill plate. It was in the low 50s and getting dark when we were ready for me to cook, so I spared Himself the trouble of freezing while going blind. :LOL: Besides, he's been heading down to the basement for a bit of time each day to work on a little project. I have an old dresser that was my great aunt's (maybe 1930s?), and he is re-enforcing the bottoms of the drawers. I'm planning on spiffing the thing up and using it for storage and as a work surface in the kitchen.

James, that video was just killer!
img_1464308_0_4414ab4cebef270cb5fb989ec2cf42fe.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom