Sunday, 4/24/2016, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Homemade pizza on the grill! Already craving homemade pizza and the pizza thread just made it worse, so.

1. Sauteed spinach with red pepper flakes, partially dry sauteed brown mushies, and smoked moz.
2. Pepperoni.
3. Margharita.
4. Thin sliced porchetta, carmelized onions, and ???. We found the little piece of porchetta that we saved for pizza and/or stir fry in the freezer when looking for the frozen fresh bread crumbs for last night's dinner. I'm sort of tempted to put an egg or 2 on it, maybe some arugula after baking. Anybody ever had a porchetta pizza?

We don't make the pizzas too big so that we can have multiple kinds plus they're easier to handle when on the smallish side. Even then, we have leftover pizza. :yum:

Meatloaf, mashed taters, gravy and steamed baby spinach.

I have a chicken defrosting, and some left over pinto beans. Going to build on that, somehow. My brother is up at his cabin and has thawed the Tomahawk steak I gave him for his birthday..he texted me and said he may need help eating it so you never know what's in store for today..

The pork butt came out of the oven last night at 11:00PM. Later, as I was pulling it, I discovered it was super delicious. Maybe the best one I've done. So tonight's dinner will be pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw and ranch potato salad. I may have to drink a beer or two to wash it all down.

It's cold and sunny here today.

The complex has mercifully turned off the steam heat so it's a little chilly in my apartment.

I put a casserole of pork sirloin and sauerkraut with apple, onion, dried mushrooms and caraway seeds in the oven to bake low and slow. I tossed a sweet potato in the oven to bake with it. The house smells great and the heat from the oven makes it nice and cozy!

It's a beautiful, clear, sunny day here. At the moment about 68F and climbing. We've been invited to Glenn's son's home for a family get-together. Not sure what Kenneth has up his sleeve as far as the meal is concerned, but he's wizard at the grill. I have a feeling something involving charcoal will be part of our meal.

I DO know what part of dessert will be. Yesterday I made a few dozen chocolate pizzelle cookies filled with chocolate-mint filling, along with about 2 dozen traditional cannolis. I may just eat dessert.

Yesterday I rubbed a rack of ribs with Penzeys Galena Street Chicken & Rib Seasoning; it's been resting in the fridge and DH will smoke it this afternoon. I'll also make baked beans and cole slaw to go with the ribs.

I am dying for Katie's Devil's food cake. But I don't have the ingredients :(

Old Picture of my dreams!! LOL

img_1464245_0_9a3df3c62f3d65116d8cdfef0f3ed871.jpg

Split chicken breasts over charcoal on the Weber, kale with tomatoes and black eyed peas (recipe from Better Than Bouillon). I made the kale once before, and it's pretty good stuff.

MsM, you're killin' me with that Devils Food Cake pic. :ohmy::yum:

Kind of cool and cloudy today. I thought it would be a good day for split pea soup, so I've got a small pot of it simmering on the stove. I'm out of ham but found some cooked bacon in the freezer, so I'll chop some of that up and add it. A slice of garlic toast will accompany.

That's a drool-causing picture, msm. :yum: What ingredients do you need? I'll be there with a basket filled with them as soon as I can.

I have shrimp dry-brining in the fridge, have trimmed the green beans, and am just biding my time until I cook. Shrimp made it to the top of the menu right after seeing Kayelle's grilled shrimp in the Tajin thread. I will be basting them with butter and Tajin today. Thinking of sauteing blanched beans in bacon fat after I cook up some pieces. Salads, too, because my tub of mixed greens seems to multiply every night as we sleep. :ermm:

Outstanding cake, MsM! I too would happily bring you any needed ingredients if you would make it for me!

I made soup with the leftover ham, cheese, and Tajin roasted cauliflower from last night. Good stuff.

Covering my eyes, looking between my fingers at that cake picture!! Dang!!

I'll be pan frying our favorite thick loin lamb chops from Costco. I like using just sea salt and Herbs de Provence. I'll do some onion and mushroom Orzo for him, and some roasted asparagus for both of us.

Porchetta pizza
37240-albums1042-picture6395.jpg

Spinach and mushroom pizza
37240-albums1042-picture6396.jpg

Margharita

37240-albums1042-picture6397.jpg

I was so tired by the time we got done with these, up at 4 a.m. to work today, that I forgot to take a pic of the pepperoni. It was good too.

Dinner turned out wonderful.
I glazed the meatloaves with a mixture of (in order most to least): ketchup, sriracha ketchup, brown sugar, honey, sweet baby ray bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, cumin.

Yesterday I rubbed a rack of ribs with Penzeys Galena Street Chicken & Rib Seasoning; it's been resting in the fridge and DH will smoke it this afternoon. I'll also make baked beans and cole slaw to go with the ribs.

Ribs were great. I realized we had leftover potato salad, so we had that instead of cole slaw; I'll make that for the leftovers tomorrow. Also, we stopped at Aldi this afternoon and they had pineapple at a good price, so we bought one and grilled a couple slices. Sprinkled it with Tajin! :)

Attachments

• 1461546161364.jpg
    1461546161364.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
MsM, you're killin' me with that Devils Food Cake pic. :ohmy::yum:

That's a drool-causing picture, msm. :yum: What ingredients do you need? I'll be there with a basket filled with them as soon as I can.

Outstanding cake, MsM! I too would happily bring you any needed ingredients if you would make it for me!

Covering my eyes, looking between my fingers at that cake picture!! Dang!!

LOL I would love to make you all some cake. Here is the link to KATIE’S BLACK DEVIL’S FOOD CAKE (click)

It is THE BEST Devil's Food Cake!! I embellished with cherry pie topping, bananas, strawberries, flaked coconut and fresh whipped cream in the middle and on top.

Wow, are we some good cooks. If we lived closer together we could start our own restaurant. :ermm: Wouldn't THAT be something! :LOL:

The verdict on our dinner tonight was "delicious". In spite of mixing a very generous amount of the Tajin into the melted butter, Himself and I didn't taste a lot of flavor. Sprinkled more onto the shrimp and that made a difference. :yum: I see a ride down to Aldi's this week - the one jar we picked up was in the middle aisle where they put their non-regular stock. I need more before it's all sold out.

Ended up making the beans with buttered almonds rather than searing them in bacon fat. I needed the second big burner to saute zucchini I found in the veggie bin.

The greens were tossed with homemade orange vinaigrette and poppy seeds, then topped with orange, strawberries, avocado, and candied pecans. I guess when I do "fancy" I have to go all the way.

Attachments

• 2016-04-24 21.34.23.jpg
    2016-04-24 21.34.23.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 147
Back
Top Bottom