Sunday, 4/24 - Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Sunday !
NY Strip, Baby 'Bella's Sauteed in Butter & Burgundy,
Nuked Sweet Potato,
"Chinese" Cauliflower under a Cheddar Blanket............

Steak, NY Strip 4-24-22.jpg

Lefty's for us.

We had grandson, Mr 5, visit for the weekend. Lots of leftover raw broccoli and carrots, about the only cooking required today. L/o hot dogs and cold burger buns to use up. L/o bushes baked beans -- A former favorite, he no longer likes. Salad-- the kid likes salad, although I suspect its true purpose serves as a vehicle for consuming more ranch dressing. We also have more fruit to eat than we usually have on hand at once. Fruit plates for dessert-- grapes, bananas, sliced kiwis, oranges and sliced apple.

Last edited:
Cheeseburger and salad (baby arugula, black olives, green olives, red onion, chopped anchovies, and feta. Dressed with oil, vinegar, and spices.

cheeseburger_salad_042422_img_9531-jpg.49661

Yummy looking meals.

We had a red meat Sunday too. First use of the grill this year, burgers. Served them with the usual additions available at the table.

Mine had mayo, Dijon, pickled jalapeno slices, slice of dill pickle, lettuce, and onion slices. There were also dill pickles for me as well as pickled onions for DH. They seemed like the best grilled burgers in a very long time. Not sure if DH was really on the ball or if they just tasted especially good because it's been a while.

First grilled burger of the year.jpg First grilled burgers of the year.jpg

Last edited:
Pasta Sunday Supper here is going to be:
(Disclaimer - file photos, we eat this alot)

IMG_1507.jpg

DH's plate, I turned him onto adding some Anchovy fillets to his Pasta dish, he's in love! :LOL:

IMG_1508.jpg

I've got just Olive Oil, Cheese and freshly ground Black Pepper (I hear Chef John in my head every time I say that :ROFLMAO:).

I had PB&J. DH wanted Sole and potatoes for dinner. But, I could see that might change. In the end, he had Potato Soup (mine) for lunch and then requested same for dinner. Along with a cup of Deluxe Whipped Jello for dessert. Hey! He did really good! I reminded him that the kitchen does NOT close here, unlike the hospital hours.

We had breakfast for supper tonight. Ham, rye toast, his-and-hers eggs. Himself's were steamed perfectly runny. Perfect for him. Mine had crispy whites with a just- done yolk. We each had a bowl of homemade applesauce. Coffee...ice cream with hot fudge topping for dessert.
IMG_20220424_205137811_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I had PB&J. DH wanted Sole and potatoes for dinner. But, I could see that might change. In the end, he had Potato Soup (mine) for lunch and then requested same for dinner. Along with a cup of Deluxe Whipped Jello for dessert. Hey! He did really good! I reminded him that the kitchen does NOT close here, unlike the hospital hours.

Mikey's home? Yay for you guys! So glad he is eating real food. Steak next week? Probably not.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Jeannie made us hb patties and mashed potatoes, topped with brown gravy. Green beans were the veggie.

Pistachio pudding was dessert.

Ross

Jeannie made us hb patties and mashed potatoes, topped with brown gravy. Green beans were the veggie.

Pistachio pudding was dessert.

Ross

My DH calls that meal "cafeteria food!" Not in a bad way. It is his idea of comfort food and he will request it, when needed! "Can we have cafeteria food?" LOL. I won't mention it to him now as he's not up to it yet!

My DH calls that meal "cafeteria food!" Not in a bad way. It is his idea of comfort food and he will request it, when needed! "Can we have cafeteria food?" LOL. I won't mention it to him now as he's not up to it yet!
That is why she made it. I have not been well and needed comfort food. [emoji846]

Back
Top Bottom