Sunday 7-29-2018 ~ What's for supper today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We smoked a turkey breast yesterday, so we had sliced turkey with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, Mexican street corn and a salad of heirloom tomato, avocado, cucumber and fresh mozzarella with lime juice and Penzeys Pico Fruta.
0729182042a.jpg

GG, reading the ingredients list for the Pico Fruta sounds like the lemon version of Tajin, which has lime...and no sugar. Love Tajin on watermelon, and corn. Ooo, tomatoes, too. I bet the Pico Fruta is good, too, but I kinda...sorta...overbought when I finally found Tajin.

...CG, that scrumptious looking plate is for two?...
Oh heavens no, dragn. :LOL: That plate is a skosh larger than 8 inches. The tomato probably has about 1/4 cup of tuna salad in it; the scoop of chicken salad is maybe 1/3 of a cup, and the greens bed on the plate isn't very deep. If I had wanted to split that with Himself, things might have gotten ugly. :ROFLMAO: He's 6' 2", around 240#, and likes to eat. As it is, he took some more tuna and chicken salads after he polished off the salad plate.

GG, reading the ingredients list for the Pico Fruta sounds like the lemon version of Tajin, which has lime...and no sugar. Love Tajin on watermelon, and corn. Ooo, tomatoes, too. I bet the Pico Fruta is good, too, but I kinda...sorta...overbought when I finally found Tajin.

Not to mention Tajin on grilled pineapple sticks and there's nothing better than grilled skewers of shrimp brushed with butter and heavily sprinkled with Tajin. Love the stuff on so many things.

CG, that plate of yours last night was a stunner!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Kayelle! I have tried Tajin on pineapple, too, but didn't like it enough to do it again. On shrimp is good. But watermelon! My dear Dad loved putting salt on his watermelon. I never "got" it. But the Tajin! :yum: I bet Dad would have liked it on watermelon, too.

Back
Top Bottom