sunday, august 20th - dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
so what's for dinner on your tables?

We will have beef filet, chantarelles and fresh potatoes in the skin... :chef:

brined, then grilled pork chops (we decided against them last night to try a new Tex-Mex restaurant in the neighborhood instead).

Green salad with grated carrots (and a tomato for me).

If I get ambitious, some risotto to go with it.

We won't be having dinner tonight. We went out after church with several other couples and ate seafood, so I will just have yogurt or cereal for supper.

i'm fixing to make a recipe i found while sniffing around the pork archives, kadesma's onion and cream sauce pork chops, probably a potato dish and sliced tomatoes with crumbled goat cheese....it is our anniversary today, 23 official years, 30 unofficial...

Portugese chowder ... clams spicy sausage fish chowder (bacon onion garlic potato carrot celerey tomato grn pepper, clam broth fish stock white wine, greens, herbs, you get the idea... yum

bethzaring said:
i'm fixing to make a recipe i found while sniffing around the pork archives, kadesma's onion and cream sauce pork chops, probably a potato dish and sliced tomatoes with crumbled goat cheese....it is our anniversary today, 23 official years, 30 unofficial...
Hope you enjoy the recipe Beth, I enjoy pork, but since it's usually so lean, I find I want a sauce or something to give it more umph:LOL: This way is one of the family favorites.
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH...

kadesma:)

going in a few to a playgroud w/ my friend & her baby. see if she wants to stop for take-out later.

Rigatoni with meatballs, sausage and bracciolla. Salad with grape tomatoes, red onions, and romaine lettuce with balsamic and olive oil. Garlic bread with sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and olive tapenade and basil leaves.

Sangria.

More of that Italian blueberry cheesecake.

Today it's pork vindaloo, curried lamb, okra, potatoes,

rice and roti. We've been cooking for 2 days.

I made my first 2 loaves of french bread today...so we're having shrimp scampi to go with :)

We had our family dinner at my younder daughters today. I have to say, it was nice to sit on my errr, pin cushion and watch the boys play and hold Olivia:LOL: I did help a little, I put together the rigatoni with pesto and an appy of dried apricots, stuffed with cream cheese and candied walnuts, then I drizzled them with rosemary honey..We had lemon pepper chicken breasts that we grilled then we spooned on a butter lemon chopped parsley and a little crushed garlic sauce, a bif tosssed salad with garden tomatoes and cucumbers, red onion,endive,feta and a balsamic and evoo dressing, rolls, grilled eggplant and asparagus, brownies and lemon cake..Ahhh it was nice not to have to clean it all up either:LOL:

kadesma

Ya know, as soon as I saw this thread I thought "hmm, I bet kadesma had something wonderful." I hit the nail on the head!

I had pasta that I tossed with pesto, ham, sauteed mushrooms and delicious orange tomatoes. It was tasty but I still wish I had what kadesma did.

corazon90 said:
Ya know, as soon as I saw this thread I thought "hmm, I bet kadesma had something wonderful." I hit the nail on the head!

shootin' fish in a barrel.

vb, did you make your own brasciole? if so, what cut of meat for the scallopini?
was it a sunday gravy, or cooked seperate-ish? fresh tomatoes for the sugo?
i need to know, darnit!!! i'm hungry.

about to feast on my leftover brasciole, the last two. and a hunk o' calandra's bread.

Good morning Bucky!

Yes, it was a traditional sunday gravy, although I made it Saturday while I was smoking those ribs. I use boneless sirloin sliced about 1/4 inch thick and then pounded a bit for the brasciola. I stuff it with parsley, garlic, pignoli nuts and grated locatelli cheese. I still have two or three left over...want one?

Last night I tried something new, & it was really quite delicious.

Although I'm not normally a fan of processed food, I picked up a package of Shady Brook Farms marinated turkey strips on sale. Bought the "Chipotle Citrus" flavor. Sauteed up some red bell pepper, mildly hot banana pepper, & Vidalia onion; shredded some lettuce, cilantro, & sharp cheddar cheese; warmed up some whole-wheat flour tortillas; then sauteed up the marinated turkey strips. We then each made our own whatever-you-want-to-call-them - fajitas, soft tacos, burritos - you get the idea.

I'll definitely be buying these again. We each had 4 LARGE tortilla/wraps/whatever apiece, with some leftover for my lunch today, & the amount easily could have been stretched to make double that. The turkey strips were smoky/spicy without being overwhelming, & best of all - not salty AT ALL - which is something I always find unpleasant the few times I use processed or preprepared products.

Shady Brook also has these marinated turkey strips in a "Mild Herb" flavor. I'll be trying those next!!! Think they might make a terrific pseudo "Cheese-Steak Sandwich", or a great addition to a main course salad.

Oh, & the cost was a "whopping" $2.94. It would have cost me a lot more to buy turkey cutlets, cut them into strips, & marinate them myself.

Did Sunday dinner exist? We have a "bunch for brunch" that meets monthly at different friends' homes. Copious amounts of champagne and/or bloodies are consumed. Dinner tends to consist of going home and collapsing. Once when it was my turn, brunch went from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Hostess (me) gave up and went to bed before our last guest left. Dinner on brunch days simply doesn't happen. We just nuke leftovers!

Back
Top Bottom