Sunday Dinner, 1/16/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i've several items i could make (though i could order food!:whistling) i may make stuffed chix & carrot & another veggie~

dinner is--

me and hubby going to movies and then out to dinner,maybe we'll have steaks...

Yesterday at my neighborhood farm stand I got a bag of fresh spinach, a couple of tomatoes, and a quart of strawberries, picked yesterday. They are such pretty, shiny little things. I'll saute the spinach in bacon grease and grill a kielbasa in the CI skillet; small salad on the side. Probably just dip the berries in sugar 'n eat one at a time (not the whole quart at one sitting - this time :pig: ).

The farm lady remarked that she's had to cover the plants to protect from freezing 9 times already this season and is getting pretty weary. But the cold weather seems to agree with the greens. Hers is a hydroponic operation and this is just her second full season. Hope she doesn't give up. :heart:

Apologies, well, more like sympathy, to you folks up North battling the cold.

On the menu today:

1. Homemade Bean with Bacon Soup
  2. Spinach Salad
  3. Possibly - Mushrooms breaded & fried or stuffed

The Little Red Headed Girl is coming to dinner today.......

Chied Fricken........
Asiago/Garlic Smashed Tator's
Roasted Asparagus......
Southern Squash casserole.....
Ole Time Banana Pudding.........

Today is a soup and sandwich day.

I thawed out the container of MsMofet's Confetti Soup and will make Pimento Cheese, plus I already have some Chicken Salad.

I've got a pot of green beans started w/ salt pork. Going to add new potatoes in a bit. Having that with Pork Tenderloin w/ Seasoned Rub.

Shrek ordered a pizza, just a bit ago. Later I will finish cooking the Chicken and Rice soup I started last night. I got the chicken cooked and the broth made. Leftover rice, too! Today, put it together and I think I will cream it.

Today is cooking day so I am making homemade gnocchi with sausage ragu, and am also making a white bean ragout... I love the smells of all day cooking...

Left overs. DS headed back to school today after a week here at home. I cooked all week for him so now we get the remainders. Will probably heat up the leftover spaghetti and use the leftover hamburger buns for garlic bread and salads.

Veggie pizza here. Mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers and LOTS of cheese!!!!

Back
Top Bottom