Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sunday, it's our family day, we're planning to have tri-tip, that i have marinating in beer and mustard, more corn on the cob, wrapped in foil with lots of butter and some fresh chopped thyme,salt and pepper, twice baked potatoes,filled with sour cream,crumbled bacon,garlic and chives,salt and pepper and a little parmesan on top, romaine, with tomatoes, avocado,sweet red onion slices,cucumber and dressing of blackraspberry balsamic vinegar and evoo, garlic parmesan bread. I made brownies with black walnuts in 2 cake pans, and as soon as they cool, I'm going to smooth chocolatechip ice cream in a nice thick layer on top, sprinkle with crumbled chocolate cookies and stick it in the freezer til after dinner tomorrow, wonder what it will turn out like:ROFLMAO:
kadesma, appy sunday everyone:)

We have two 2lb lobsters in the fridge. Will stuff with a crabmeat dressing and bake.

A bottle of white that has been kicking about for several years in the basement.

We haven't had lobster in a long time and are very much looking forward to them.

Its Monday morning here but for our dinner last night, we had grilled sausages wrapped in bread with Feijoa Chutney. Had a big lunch with friends so dinner/ evening meal was a snack really. Also ate 1/2 block of Lemon Meringue Chocolate that is newly out....darn it!:)

I brought home some 3-feet long curly edged pasta from Boston Thursday, so I'm making Poor Man's Lasagna with that, fresh tomatoes, fresh ricotta and some sweet Italian sausage from my favorite butcher (also from Boston).

and a little Chianti... :chef:

I have a pork roast in the oven but I don't know what Im doing with it tonight. I usually divide it into 3s: sliced pork w/gravy and mashed potatos, pulled pork for bbq sandwiches and wing it for the last third (depends on what I'm in the mood for).

I am starting up the smoker shortly to smoke a Turkey Breast and probably a few other things.. Not sure what else we will have with it yet, but I am looking forward to the Brined Smoked Turkey..

-Brad

I think I am going to grill a pork tenderloin.... and then I am going to stare at the computer for yet another 5 minutes wondering what else to make... :wacko:

I just don't think I have the energy......I am so exhausted from putting in so many hours at work and I have to go back this afternoon and work till late tonight..........I think we'll simply order out. I think I'm going to grab my cup of tea and head back to the bedroom and watch some cooking shows........yea that sounds like a good idea.

I'm not sure what I will cook tonight. My youngest and I are going to go eat with my extended family. My cousin that is down for the first time in 4 years is wanting us to come eat with her husband before he has to go back to Washington. We haven't seen him in the 4 years either. DH isn't going, as he isn't feeling well today, so, since we're not meeting until 2pm, it'll be about dinner time before we get back. I won't be hungry, so, it'll have to be something light so that it doesn't go to waste. Maybe I'll make him his boudain, that's easy enough.

I'm not sure yet. Either a tangerine glazed ham with some sides, or home made pizzas.

Well watching the cooking shows got me up and moving and I fixed a homemade tomato sauce with fresh veggies and herbs out of my gardens. Put that over some penne pasta and layered on several cheeses (parm., moz., parm/reg) and stuck it under the broiler for the cheese to get all melted and toasty brown.

One person is having shrimp ( and I really hope he decides soon how he wants them done). Me and the other are having steak ( I've been buying whole tenderloins and cutting them up), grilled sweet potatoes, new peas from the farmers market, haricots vert, salad.

for some strange reason, my wife wanted to go to the outback steakhouse for dinner tonight. i protested, but we went anyway.
we've been trying to get our tasmanian devil of a son to get used to going out to eat in restaurants, so we've graduated from glorified pizza joints to a few "real" restaurants lately. we've found that a cup of coca cola, lots of ice, lemon wedges (lol, he makes great faces eating those), crayons, and menus keep him busy enough for us to jam down salads and an entree. dessert is still off in the future. by then, he's off, usually taking a hostess or waitress by the hand and, after a few laps around the restaurant greeting every table, he tries to get them to take him into the kitchen.
i gotta tell ya, he's got good taste in women.

that's my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(beaming with pride :) :) :) :) )

so, sharing everything, we had salads: my blue cheese/chopped pecan salad was good, and my grilled swordfish, steamed veggies and garlic mashed was ok. dw had the house salad, filet mignon, steamed veg and garlic mashed.
the swordfish was a little overcooked for my taste, but dw's steak was perfectly medium rare, and delicious.. the veg were, well, veg. and the garlic mashed were a little gummy, but ok.
my son actually ate almost all of his cheeseburger and mashed, and then went babe huntin'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom