Sunday dinner 27 April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
My son, who's been officially employed as an adult in the real world for just over three months got a promotion and a 30% raise. I asked him what he'd like for dinner.

For my beautiful son we're having lasagna made the way he likes it. (first I have to make meatballs, smash them and then add them to the layers, and the sauce can have no chunks of tomato). I'm also making a garden salad with oil and red wine vinegar, and garlic bread with bread from Clemente's bakery.

For dessert, I made golden cake layers and a chocolate fudge frosting.

My mum had made some (beef) mince with carrots and potato in that she was going to dump cos she didn't like the flavour of but instead brought up to me today to give to the cats. There was nothing wrong with it except she didn't like the flavour, so I add a good couple of tablespoons of a tomato relish (which tasted more like taco sauce cos of the heavy amount of capsicums used), a splash of tomato paste, a good dash of Worcestershire sauce, mixed it all up and topped it with grated cheese. After a quick zap in the microwave, I topped it with the dregs of the sour cream tub and tucked in. It was yummy!!!! Dessert was a mandarin.

it's been beautiful here, in fact 89-91 in the afternoon, so we are grilling hamburgers, to go with a platter of tomatoes,lettuce, onion rings,pickle slices and either cheddar or swiss cheese, hot dogs and chili,onions, cheese, some chips oh and to start an anti pasto platter, chips with the burgers,and hot dogs ..A big platter of fruit,and a nice green salad and corn on the cob..Dessert is already in the freezer, couldn't sleep sooo I got busy..and made sundae's So that is Ma's dinner for this Sunday. Have a wonderful Sunday.

kadesma

My Red-Headed Pharmacist daughter will be here for Sunday Dinner(noon)
When she is home she always just likes basic comfort foods as she doesn't do a lot of cooking through the week. So......

Southern Fried (Blues) Chicken
The old stand by Green bean casserole
Smashed Tators (Gravy for those that want it)
Yellow sqaush cooked down with onions etc.
Butterbeans.....
Cheese Biscuits
Pecan or Chocolate Ice Box Pie!!

Then.,.,.,.,.,.,.:sleep: Zzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, I'd rather eat at Uncle Bob's house because his menu sounds way over the top delicious, but since I'm in Minnesota and it's cold and drizzly here, I'm cooking. Here's the menu: stand-up comedian chicken, wild rice with broccoli and sliced mango for dessert. Then I think I'll catch a few zzzz's for myself. How about that?;) Oh, I suppose I could make a banana coconut cream pie, but my BF is doing the Ironman today and why make a pie just for myself? That would be just too hedonistic. Well, and it's Sunday after all. It's the one day of the week that I sorta feel like I have to behave.:LOL:

Pouring rain in Ireland so have roast stuffed porksteak with roast potatoes and turnip, with home made bread and butter pudding for dessert. Yum Yum

Going to grill some wings, baked beans, roasted asparagus and hash browns. Just finished baking for my son, "Paula Deen's chocolate gooey butter cookies".

Pouring rain in Ireland
but does it matter, you're in Ireland after all:LOL:.it's sunny and gorgeous here but I'd rather be there:neutral: do me a favor, go up to Galway and say hi to my DH's family.;)

it'll probably be the good old standard Caesar Salad with iced sweet tea.
gad I'm boring.
picked up a new idea for dinner yesterday that I'll try when I get to a market and buy a clucker. Blackened chicken strips in Cajun cream over linguinie noodles.

BTW, anyone know what annatto seed is? I bought a jar of it yesterday because I think it's a really hot pepper seed? Anyone know?

thanks Barb........
I was at my girlfriends parents house in Tijuana many many years ago, thought I was gonna die but that's another story, anyway, they had on the table a small jar of what 'these' things I bought look like. I picked up the jar just to look and Blanca's mom [who was deathly ill with collitis [sp?] said, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I hadn't heard her speak until then and I almost fell out of my chair. Later Blanca told me those are very hot pepper seeds or something, anyway, I was told my palette couldn't take those or I'd die for sure.:ohmy:

It's beautiful here today, so...I have some beef tenderloin I cut into steaks and will grill. It will be Steak Frittes with Bearnaise , grilled yellow peppers (they need to find a home soon!). I have lots of Bibb lettuce, so a salad of some kind, or maybe a Caesar Salad. Bavarian Apple Torte for dessert.

I'm attempting a modern take on eggplant parmesan from an interviewed chef on Colameco's show.

Thinly sliced (lengthwise) egplant fried in olive oil, layered similar to lasagna with buffalo mozzarella and tomato confit, toppped with basil pesto. When the slices are fried, they wrinkle slightly to make little pockets for the mozzarella and tomato confit. Pretty sweet! A caesar salad and some toasted country bread with evoo.:chef:

BTW: Lunch was Porterhouse Philly cheesesteaks with sauteed onions, red/green bell peppers. You need to indulge once in a while. When I took it out from under the broiler to melt the cheese I was like - :cry:

:LOL:

Tilapia with prosciutto and sage as the entree. Not sure what I'll add for sides. Am considering incorporating an avocado into a salad. We'll have the last of the cinnamon-frosted zucchini bars for dessert. Didn't get to them last night.

The 6 1/2 lb. stand-up comedian chicken is in the oven. It's like beer can chicken, but I have a special roaster and I use wine and herbs instead of beer. Tomorrow, I will make a good stock out of the bones and then I have a catering gig to make Jambalaya on Tuesday for a publishing company. They love my heaven and h-ll sauce that I make to go with it. Considering I'm a Finn living in Minnesota, my Jambalaya is legendary. It may be my only claim to fame.:chef:

beer can chicken .. mashed potatoes , stuffing , gravy ...
corn on the cob .. some kind of dessert ..
thinking brownies ..
and some garlic bread ..

The lamb "drob"

The lamb "drob" is a traditional recipe for easter in romania using the lamb organs. Today was the first time I did one, really happy with the result :)

drob_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom