Sunday Dinner 4/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Another Sunday in the Crock Pot;
Pork Roast, Red Spuds, Carrots, Yellow Onion, Celery, V-8 Juice........

IMG_5802.jpg

Pork roast - Crock pot.jpg

Portabello burger stuffed with little bellas, onion, garlic, jalapeno and munster cheese, topped with munster cheese on a homemade sage bun with a mustard/onion relish, piquant avocado mash and sliced tomatoes.

Attachments

• 2021-04-11 18.17.07.jpg
    2021-04-11 18.17.07.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 139
I was inspired by Mandy Lee (March book club) to try a new ingredient: Garlic-Chili sauce. It was far hotter than I thought it would be, but it made the Korean Beef Bowl I made for dinner tonight! I just tossed the cucumbers with some honey and rice vinegar and pepper flakes.

Attachments

• 2021-04-11.jpg
    2021-04-11.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 56
There was a half chicken breast left from Easter dinner. I made a lemon-dill cream sauce, sliced the chicken, and heated it in the sauce. Asparagus on the side.
IMG_20210411_200921666.jpg

Skillet dish of rice, chicken, carrots, onions, celery, green pepper, soy sauce and maple syrup. Onions and carrots from last years garden.

Attachments

• IMG_3451 (1).jpg
    IMG_3451 (1).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 56
We had burgers. I have to use ground pork as TB can't have too much beef. I also don't use any type of crumb. So to make up for so little fat and to hold them together I add shredded cheese and chopped up raw bacon. This carmelizes the outside and the inside is very juicy. Oh, I also add finely chopped green onions, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Usually, I use Tex Mex cheese as we always have it on hand.

I don't use a bun but I had chopped salad and avocado as sides for my patty. TB has a GF bun with ketchup on one half and salsa on the other. He had sliced cucumber and some avocado as well.

Back
Top Bottom