Sunday dinner. 6/8/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
One of my favorites. Cooked cabbage with ham and potatoes.

Simple and tasty...

Just put everything in a crockpot with water, salt and pepper and let it cook.

beer can chicken ...
foil pouch red potatoes ..
green beans ..
salad ..
cheesecake ..

One of my favorites. Cooked cabbage with ham and potatoes. Simple and tasty...Just put everything in a crockpot with water, salt and pepper and let it cook.
sounds so good and so easy. dh loves shredded cabbage sauteed in garlic, butter, salt and pepper, then the tiniest drizzle of vinegar over it and a bit of parm cheese tossed in. he could eat that as a meal.

Tonight it'll be pan fried chicken breast with bacon haricoverts over linguini noodles and a cream sauce. Ended up going out to the Chicken Coupe and only was able to eat half of my dinner.

Love, steamed/boiled ...whatever cabbage Jeff...Pass the pepper sauce.

However tonight will be..."Swimp" Po-Boys, Zapp's Potato Chips, and brownies........

Flank steak marinated in rum, brown sugar, soy, ginger, garlic, and spring onions.

For a little appy I'm marinating little balls of mozzarella, some mini heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil, in some Sicilian evoo.

The other little appy is I'm going to make tiny little buffalo burger the same way I make my regular burgers and put a pinch of fresh water-packed mozzarella in the middle.

Then we'll have a salad and I'm going to grill some potatoes slices again - they are WAAAAAAAY better than fries or chips!

Got some ribs cooking on the grill to serve with baked beans and roast potatoes. I will grill a pizza for dh since Sunday is his pizza day. Drinking a frozen pina colada to start. It sure is a hot one here today. Big change from last week.

Stroganoff.... in the slow cooker. Over ribbon noodles and garlic bread.

despite the oppressive heat, I am firing up the oven for pizza. I "roasted" some garlic in the microwave and want to incorporate it into the red sauce. 'twill be a snap pea, onion, garlic and cheeses' pizza

left over pizza, salad , have m and m cookies for dessert.

very lazy day, not interested in cooking. if it cools off enough late this afternoon will make rolls made with cake mix. ol blue's recipe

babe:chef:

Just finished eating. This was the best Cabbage and Ham I have ever cooked. I used a different ham. Generally I just pickup a piece of ham or ham steak and toss in.

This time I picked up a small Ossian smoked ham(slow cured, smoked). They also add secret spices to the ham prior to smoking. You could taste the spices in the cabbage. Simply fantastic!!!

I don't think I can ever go back to plain ham to cook cabbage with ever again.

Ossian ham is made here in Indiana. Definitely a great product...

sounds so good and so easy. dh loves shredded cabbage sauteed in garlic, butter, salt and pepper, then the tiniest drizzle of vinegar over it and a bit of parm cheese tossed in. he could eat that as a meal.

Tonight it'll be pan fried chicken breast with bacon haricoverts over linguini noodles and a cream sauce. Ended up going out to the Chicken Coupe and only was able to eat half of my dinner.

ah.. I cut my cabbage into wedges... but I do drizzle a little balsalmic vinegar over the top...

I do love pan fried chicken. I did a 240 mile trip a couple of weeks ago just for good chicken(it was a ride with a group of other motorcyclists).

So many good meals everyone is cooking!! What a menu if you put them all together..

Last edited:
Wow, everyone's dinners sound GREAT! I am making thick-cut boneless pocvk chops on the grill. They are marianting right now in the lime juice and zest, honey, chopped garlic, canola oil, salt, pepper, fresh marjoram from the garden, and a pinch of ginger.

I'm grilling thich-cut white onions and pineapple on skewers and a few ears of white corn for the sides.

It is supposed to be in the Mid 90's here for the next several days so it will be salads and gillin' week here in Maryland.

Here is how they turned out.

Attachments

• HoneyLime PorkChops_04.jpg
    HoneyLime PorkChops_04.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 161
  • HoneyLime PorkChops_03.jpg
    HoneyLime PorkChops_03.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
salmon with honey mustard and pecan bread crumb topping, roasted asparagus, basmati rice, and cesar salad

I went for a nice bike ride today. On the way back I swung by the house, picked up a small cooler and headed into the store. I refuse to add a couple gallons of gas to the price of my steak dinner. I picked up a couple real nice looking ribeyes on sale for $9.99/lb. Very nice marbling. And a cucumber.
So tonight it is grilled ribeye with a cucumber, vidalia onion, sour cream & mayo salad. Also a baked potato done on the grill...... And Katie.... what's the deal with that baked vidalia onion? I remember the beef cube, but does anything else go on top; a pat of butter, EVOO, anything? That is also going to go on the grill :)

Jeff,
Is it really that simple? Just wedge the cabbage, drizzle a little balsamic vinegar, toss in a hunk of ham (or cube it?) and s&p, a little water....
That sounds really good :) I want to get it right because it is going on my list of things to try.

oops, forgot to say.....
I am freezing one of my ribeyes for future use :ohmy:
:LOL:

Last edited:
After baking all morning, taking a nap , then cleaning out a room in the basement, we decided to grill a NY Strip with Montreal seasoning on it, corn on the cob, fresh made home fries and cole slaw left over from last night's fish fry. Lemon meringue pie for dessert. Simple yet filling.

Joe

We've been gone most of the day, so I'm thinking I'll just make tostadas with some fried tortillas, leftover chicken, grated manchego cheese, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, avocado slices and salsa. Maybe some fruit to go alongside - honeydew melon, grapes, pineapple. Make it easy on myself for tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom