Sunday Dinner - 8/14/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aHA! Thank you!

I shall check them out but can't say I've ever seen them here in Canada (can't say I've looked for them either).

I usually stick with Bovril or Knorr in liquid concentrates.

I am visiting my 92 year old father in order to kick ass and take names if he is not being well cared for. He wasn't. They are feeding him Imperial margarine, which I immediately threw in the garbage. They give him frozen Gorton's fish fillets, some kind of chicken patties that look like squished chicken nuggets, and whatever the food bank drops off every two weeks like Franco-American spaghetti and Dinty Moore beef stew. I even found canned new potatoes in the pantry. Add to that a squishy loaf of store brand white bread, and you have a dietary disaster. The first thing I did was fill the freezer with $250.00 worth of Omaha Steaks, pork chops, burgers and tenderloins. Then I stocked up on Panera bread and rolls. Last Fridy I bought fresh fish and made him fish & chips, what they call a fish fry here, with brocolli cole slaw.

For Sunday Dinner I made everything my father loves but no one ever prepares for him. We had sautéed calves liver, pickled beets, beans and greens, and Panera soft dinner rolls with real butter. His beverage of choice is root beer, but I gave him iced tea because the root beer seems to be giving him the burps lately.

Last edited:
Well, I certainly hope that who ever is cooking for him - cooks it for him and not themselves!

Wow, your Dad must be in pretty good shape - my aunt at that age loved liver but couldn't digest it any more - was way too rich. Most she could eat was just a tiny little sliver of it - but she got it and enjoyed what she could! LOL

For dinner we had...

Hamburger Spanish Rice With Bacon

Lettuce Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Grape Tomatoes, Yellow Pear Tomatoes, Croutons, and Salad Dressing of choice.

Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Center and Chocolate Frosting (which my daughter made)

aHA! Thank you!

I shall check them out but can't say I've ever seen them here in Canada (can't say I've looked for them either).

I usually stick with Bovril or Knorr in liquid concentrates.

I get the low sodium BTB chicken stock at Costco, the beef at the local grocer, and the lobster from Amazon. Now to look at Jet for the mushroom.

Back
Top Bottom